What's up with Memphis division

Discussion in 'Bayer' started by Anonymous, Jan 11, 2015 at 4:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Guest

Foot in ass group.

2. Eileen Dover

Eileen Dover Guest

R&D formulation of OTC products is leaving. All other R&D is staying behind which is Foot and Sun.

Final number (after this round of integration into Bayer) should be about 150 at the site.

After The dust settles on this one, who knows how long before a total shutdown in Memphis.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am done worrying and just glad this 1st round is over. It has been so stressful for me all along. They should just come out and clearly state that Memphis R&D has no chance in this first round. I wonder if the next round will have any positions that are worth applying for?!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"In January 2014, St. Joseph officials announced an agreement they said would keep more than 120 Bayer jobs in the city. As part of the agreement, Bayer said it would invest about $6.5 million in its St. Joseph manufacturing facilities and would receive state and local tax incentives."

So now, one year later, they are selling off the facility.

Look out Memphis in about 18 months for a complete shutdown. Better to get the Merck severance payment now and move on something more long-term.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any update? Sleepless night. I guess I am ready to bite the bullet.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I assume we will know the final decision by end of April.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

May thru August are the best times of the year to sell a house. That will help will help will all the people that have to move to take a new job.

8. Krysta Clear

Krysta Clear Guest

If it is July, better let us know early. At least we can make our homes ready for Spring sale before schools open. No matter what I am outta Memphis. Keep Ikea, Bass Pro and Grizzlies for yourself.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I expect this to happen in May at the latest. I can not wait because I will be out of this shit hole "Memphis." 10 years of my life were spent here. I am done!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the 2nd round of jobs posting next week? What's the expectation? Will they post all positions left and announce lay offs at the same time? When will Bayer announce layoffs in the Memphis division?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi

I am an IT recruiter from New Orleans. We specialize in SAP area and have quite a few contract and permanent positions all over USA. Though you use earlier versions of SAP your experience counts. Please respond to our recruiter when they try to reach you out. We are genuine recruiters and our switch board numbers start with 318-683-xxxx.

Good luck

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still enjoying my free ride. I got my job lined up . All I am praying for two more months of honeymoon. As long as I am out by late May I can bank on my severance and sign on bonus. I encourage you all speed up your job search than worrying .

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lucky lucky!! I still have hope to get something in NJ. So I will wait and see!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are funny Ben.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know how smart you are. I know for sure, HR team at Bayer reading the comments here. Better keep mum and don't post your personal information.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Severance question?

Is it one month per year or two weeks a year? Recently Merck changed its severance to two weeks per year.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Least act busy. Bayer system tracks how long you are on computer. Never post here from work pc.