What's up with Shingrix?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 25, 2018 at 6:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Need some help here folks, I'm a Pharma rep not from GSK looking for some info about availability of your new Shingles vaccine Shingrix. The data looks outstanding and my wife wants to get vaccinated. Unfortunately I don't know the rep and providers in my area no little about it. I understand that the vaccine was recently approved and not likely covered on plans intially. Any infomation regarding Tricare coverage? With significantly better efficacy over Zostavax to you anticipate getting coverage soon. I checked and it seems like only Zostavax is cover currently. Thank you

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call Tricare and verify for yourself to now for sure. Coverage is staring to pick up.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did check with Tricare and it's not on formulary. I was inquiring about the time frame of uptake of widesspread formulary availability. We rather not have to use Zostavax.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How did you check? Plans are updating almost daily and weekly right now. I would check again if I were you.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You seem to imply you were asking for your wife’s availability on formulary on your first post, and now you say you wanted widespread formulary availability?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wonder what he is up to ? Be careful.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go to the pharmacy. Have your pharmacist run your coverage.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I too want the new shingles vaccine and I also have Tricare. My pharmacist did a dry run on Tricare approval. It did not go through with Tricare. I emailed "GSK" and asked if they are working with Tricare to get it covered. The response I got back was: "we anticipate SHINGRIX to be more broadly available and covered under most insurance around April 2018". So, my pharmacist will continue to do a dry run with Tricare time to time to see if it has become approved.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you can go to any pharmacy, clinic or provider. any one would know this