Whats with the super young, inexperienced DM's?

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Jan 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been interviewing and I am completely dumbfounded as to why they have hired very very very inexperienced and young district managers? The first person who interviewed me had only 4 years sales experience and one of those years was at a rental car company. What abilities/skills do these young managers have to be able to coach their reps? There is something to be said for having a seasoned manager who has insights to provide. I've learned a lot from some excellent managers over the years. That will not be happening here at Celgene. The good news is that the product itself is going to be a major player so I think reps will do well. Good luck to you all!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not rocket science one of the jackass Senior Managers thought this was a good idea as they smoked crack !!!!!!!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's not just the dm's. The ad's don't have any experience either. The ad in ne came from marketing and very little sales experience.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea, what I was looking for was some old Merck, JNJ, or Pfizer managers who were skilled in tracking templates, activity focus, and 2 day field rides. When I saw they had managers focused on results, I ran right back to pharma. I can ride my TNF at least another 5 years.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Me too. I interviewed with a guy down South and he said quote, " we are in the do good business, not the try hard business."

I'd rather be where I am protected if I work hard and not entirely judged on what I sell.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the same age as the DM I interviewed with. That wouldn't matter if she had something to offer. I have 2 presidents club (from 2 different companies) with multiple leadership roles and I would not be management material because I KNOW I need more experience. she tells me her accelerated MBA from an online program and 4 years as a rep made her successful. Hahaha--oh she also told me the current company I work for has no pipeline and no potential. However last week I accepted an offer from our surgical division. No more 8 call days and more importantly no chance of having to kiss her ass everyday. Bad job Celgene! No Rheum is going to take her seriously.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How pathetic. So why are you in sales?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This sounds like some sh*t show. Inexperienced leadership and reps who can't sell. What a disaster! Oh well at least your having fun and hitting all you metrics. What f'in joke!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even if the drug does launch, they will get rid of the division after a period of time and contract it out.

They don't want their A team on this one. They will all go back to doing what they were doing last fall no matter what and the reps will be dumped. They want new managers to get experience with this. And they are definitely aiming for the middle of the road as far as reps. Easier to control a bunch of underlings that won't bite back and will do exactly as they are told. That's why the jobs keep reposting. Most people are over qualified.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would have to disagree on this one. I understand the hiring process has been somewhat unorthodox, however there are quite a few A team reps brought over to launch Apremilast. I have been selling for 15 years, have had consistent success and 3 President Club wins over the course of my career. They also matched my salary (well over the 100k mark). Some managers may have missed the mark, but not in every case. I know some of the talent that was recruited over from various companies in my region and others, and I know for a fact they were top performers and paid well to make the move. In the event the division is ever eliminated (which I don't anticipate), then I will be thankful to have been part of my 6th launch. Whether over or under qualified, this will be a fun drug to sell. As for the managers, experienced reps know how to manage expectations so I (and many others) have no worries..

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This could not be any further from the truth. Where the hell do you get your information from you clown? I understand it's a message board and it's mostly a goof but this is some of the most ridiculous horsecrap that I have read yet. Go away!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

glad to see i'm not the only one who thought the interviewing manger and ZD came off very inexperienced. those were the most juvenile interviews i had ever been on. they must have been trained by my hiring manager at applebee's when i was 16

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At my interview, a couple of the questions centered around what I did for fun in college and what I was like in high school.

You can't make this stuff up.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Answer the question!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome LMAO !!!!!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every guy wanted to bang me, and I was a varsity cheerleader in 8th grade!
    My DM and I are going to ROCK this launch!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More like you were ok looking but not smart enough to be a nerd. Now you are 45 and horrendous but even worse you are boring so you didn't get the job. Now back to big pharmacy still as a rep with no future and your climb to the top of the parent teacher association is your life highlight.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats you're the new rocket scientist LMAO !

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was asked what my favorite restaurant was and what made it my favorite. Totally rational right. Germane to the discussion for sure. Stupid cheerleader/sorority girl AM.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes because you have no clue how you landed this job...oh wait my tight wardrobe...I worked at Medicis... and still aren't married and will never have the chance to associate with an elementary school because you will be a single old hag! Yes can't wait to hear the eulogy some day...she was a great RBD...drove sales yeah!!! PLEASE...Get a life...I feel sorry for you!