What's wrong with Symbicort?

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Aug 16, 2017 at 3:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Market share is going down, esp. in my area in the SE. Can't figure it out...help!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Usually a sign of an ineffective rep.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Above spoken like a typical brand turd.

Did you lose any large managed care plans?
    Also, with all the emphasis on Bevesdog, Symbicort has lost SoV even if "reports" show the opposite. Figures lie and liars figure.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Symbicort is a great medication and I am not a rep. The problem I see is that AZ does not use the meta analysis study which documents the benefits. This study is years old and I believe it was posted initially in JAMA.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To add to my post. AZ was once the undisputed authority in respiratory. Then they lost their eye on the ball. Read the history of Singular versus Accolade. Singular was QD versus Accolade being TID. AZ gave up.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sorry BID

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys could have done much better in the PPI war if marketing had done its job. Prilosec reps were wanted! Nexium was not competitively marketed, meaning the Market managers thought too much of their baby and tried to play handball in pricing, enter Prevacid which didn't have that problem, they only wanted MS. Don't be too hard on yourselves.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prilosec reps were never wanted. Docs wanted your samples which you generously gave out by the truck loads and when you got some competition, you had no idea how to sell against it. Purple jelly beans and catered lunches couldn't overcome the fact that there was no difference between Prilosec and Prevacid except price. Prevacid ate your lunch in less than 3 years.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound jealous and insecure. Prilosec was first in class and wanted. Ask anyone who sold it about their bonuses. They were paying off mortgages. I already stated the fact about price so you're behind in the discussion.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll put it like this, GSK reps have a lot of pressure put on them that borders on breaking their CIA agreement they are under. They really have to say what's needed or imply to get those extra scripts.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was actually Accolate and was Bid dosing

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why do most copd spend time in hospitals?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hence the follow post correcting my mistake.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's what I get for straying out of my territory and trying to help. Good luck and good bye

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not my lunch! Perhaps they are yours.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jealous of what? You had the first in class and an exclusive market with a drug far superior to any other alternative on the market. An 8 year old could have sold it along with Girl Scout cookies. The real test of a sales person's ability came when you had competition and you lost 50% of market share in less than 3 years.
    And what was your company strategy, "There is more than enough business for both of us." Brilliant stuff.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too many ass kissers and boot lickers moved into brand leadership roles. Across ALL brands!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Prevacid has fewer drug interactions than Prilosec and Nexium is no different than Prilosec. Same absorbancy and metabolism issues. So many patients were on Nexium and Prilosec in the Brilinta PLATO trial that it is likely the inefficacy of Plavix was more due to the choice of PPI administered during the trial and not the comparative drugs. Significantly fewer patients were on a PPI in the EUCLID trial giving Plavix a fighting chance. Aspirin is better tolerated with concomitant PPI administration.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not in my area. TAP rep was begging GE's to use. Made sure they saw right thru the marketing gimmick of 30mg vs. Prilosec 40mg. Also, anyone hear of microscopic colitis? Wasn't until Protonix came out and locked up the MCO formularies that Prilosec started eroding. Prevacid was nothing more than bothersome mosquito in my area.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Need to remember that there were three to four pharma companies scaring the crap of doctors because of the boxed warning for ECL carcinoids. PCP's really didn't want to use it, calling it the "big gun" & relegating it to GE's. Even Merck as part of their messaging said to only use it for 6 weeks and then them back down to Pepcid before giving it up to AMI. Took quite a bit of data and selling to get PCP's to use. And then, a me too comes to play that had to pay AMI $ & gave them Atacand because the courts said they infringed on the patent.