When do additional cuts comes to the field sales groups

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When do additional cuts come to the field sales groups? We have had some but am not so naive to the we are done for the year...and what groups are next..or are we done until 2015?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not in the foreseeable future. Our income is down 28.6%, sales 8.6%. There are better places to cut that will not hit our gross income. R&D and production will still get hit. Pencil pushers lost faith in both areas.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of my district mates was forced out just last week. I consider that a cut. They put that very. very good rep through hell just to save a buck. They could have been honest with her and behaved like humans, but chose to act like animals…again. My point is that the "additional cuts" haven't ever stopped. They've laid off thousands and they forced out thousands.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those cuts were after the merge. It was a simple case of overlapping geographical areas. There will still be trickle cuts. There is no order to cut X percentage of people in field sales. There are in other areas. I would say we are almost 50 percent done. That will be subject to change depending upon the selling of minor segments of the company. I hope this helps.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So more than half of the cut are yet to come...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

vaccine div. received their realignment letters today ...that changes are coming in the weeks ahead....thanks dr Julie just treat up like adults and tell us ...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most reps are thinking this year or next. Some are jumping ship, looking for other jobs or just trying to stay on till they hit their milestone mark.

Cuts to the less than favorites first.. probably. My take is if one manager wants you out the rest of the pack develops sympathy syndrome and it will hasten your departure. And so the master list is created. Must goes vs the must stays!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, we've cut half of the reps already. If we're half done, then….

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The MMD scorecard number was 133%. Hey how did sales do with the Zostavax target?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am pretty sure he was talking about other departments. Not the reps. I like the "subject to change" piece.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Video from Jackie last year said primary care stable through 2014. There are only 9 more months in 2014.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jackie doesn't know Jack, Rhiad runs the show now so anything goes. The rumors are true, aka: Riads Jihad, the butcher, the ripper, hatchet man. When he strikes is unknown but my favorite is last Thanksgiving holiday when he fired 200 sales reps at once, yes, the Sunday on Turkey day weekend. Gobble gobble.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VPs will be making changes before that with the sale at current trends....

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What "current trends"? Our 2014 sales and objectives are no where to be found. About as easy to track as a Malaysian airliner.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nationally down big time for Zostavax.. Pneumovax down and yes Gardasil too....down. You can see the trend lines at district levels, region, and national. (true not on individual territory level though).

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The numbers must be so far off with Zostavax that Todd needs to show he is doing something... So realign...the new commercial model seemed to the savior..A little sarcasm there..

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Custmer centric selling will make it

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you meant to ask "When will they end?" They haven't stopped in nearly a decade.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vaccine CTLs are going to NJ next week for territory/alignment mapping. so to answer your question..soon.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sooooooo.
    By June-Sept. My guess.
    Collect your Summer bonus and get the boot in the can.