When does the vaccine axe drop?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Jun 26, 2019 at 7:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL I was going to say the same exact thing.

Still hanging on with a six figure salary. But hey, I should leave for some dream job my anonymous life coach says is a "hell of a lot better".

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re right they’ve been saying we’ll all be gone in the next 5 years forever, and we’re still here. But in all fairness, thousands of positions have been eliminated in the last 20 years. For the people displaced, the sky fell.
    What the future holds will be depend upon successful R&D. Without strong new products the sky will fall again.
    Based on your 30 years experience, I’d guess you’re hoping for a lay-off so you can sail off into the sunset with a fat separation package.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah the sky fell and they went and got another job, probably in pharma. life goes on.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the number of Pharma jobs went from about 120,000+ at its peak to what it is now, and they all stayed in the industry and got Pharma jobs? Really???? How many companies were around 10-15 years ago vs today. Pfizer alone eliminated how many? Of course Pfizer kept all the employees of those companies and didn't fire anyone. Same holds true for all the other mergers that went on. What a silly statement " they went and got another job, probably in pharma".
    You are correct though....life does go on---probably for the better out of this industry!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sincere question here- why would they eliminate PAS roles first? Pharmacy is still where most of the business is.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharmacy is about 20% of adult business. The TMs call on the majority of pharmacies. In my eyes, the PASs are tits on a boar. The only ones worth a shit are the pharmacy national account managers and that's ONLY if they convince a national pharmacy to carry and dose our vaccines. Usually they do nothing because the pharmacy chain will stock all ACIP recommended vaccines anyway.

But hey, at least the PASs can get us the regional managers' names at some chains. Totally worth their 6 figure income!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone read the presciber letter from last week? presciber.theraputicresearch

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just did... Wow.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Holy shit!!! No wonder people are jumping like rats on a sinking ship

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just saw data last week showing the majority of doses are coming from pharmacies, not doctors’ offices.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. It’s garbage. It looks like it was written by a Merck marketing Director.
    No citations given to support the bullshit statistics, in addition to the parroting of a dipshit Pfizer hating member of ACIP who says adults have a herd immunity from the 13 strains because babies get immunized with Prevnar. That's so intellectually dishonest they should be tarred and feathered. Just tell that to the families of the adults who died recently from any of the 13 strains who didn't get offered Prevnar.

This attack on Prevnar is pure evil. How does one shot for life for under $200 cause people to fight against its being offered to all adults to prevent hospitalizations, complications permanently or even death?

Merck and those other agendaed assholes, shame on you!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pure evil is a bit strong, don't you think? The CDC data was pretty clear and the vote reflects that. Even Pfizer's own FAQ documents states that disease has decreased from indirect effects aka "herd immunity." Most of my doctors won't change what they are doing. They just got the hang of the guidelines and no one seems interested in the confusion. Unless IDNS make big changes, it will be business as usual.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remove the emotion and be logical: Take a trip down memory lane and the countless reorgs across all the divisions most of you used to be in. There will be less sales no matter how you look at it which means there will be less people (always does). The ones that truly know the impact on the workforce are not talking (never do). ZS has run and presented the models. Plans are set. Even though it's flu season and they could use us to spin the MMWR my money is on the tried and and true formula: Announce cuts around October so things are clean come January. Despite denials there has been a hiring freeze which will help. I don't expect a bloodbath but some heads will roll - soon. Good opportunity to reorg for new products the first of which is not due till the second half of 2021. They are not going to keep everybody around for two years till that happens. Same choice as always - Hedge your bets and jump to another division or company (seeing that already) or take your chances that you will be placed (the dreaded "call me at 8:30 tomorrow morning"). History repeats itself - buckle up.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, pure evil. Government stats are so trustworthy. Just ask wikileaks, proving the lies of stats by govt. officials via their own internal communications.

Even if the disease is "decreasing" that's absolutely no reason to take your foot off the gas pedal. Why not stop tetanus and polio for starters? They are almost eradicated. If your family member dies from pneumonia and it's from one of the 13 strains and no doctor even informed them about the vaccines and their differences, you'd be screaming holy hell about it! And you should. Don't you think you should be doing that now? Multitudes die every year from the 13 strains, but that's ok because its "decreasing"? With that pure evil mindset and twisted logic, then DUI manslaughter shouldn't be charged anymore because the DUI caused deaths have decreased over the years?

So, enough with the nonchalant attitudes about Prevnar! It saves lives and is no skin off a doctor's ass to give or offer the shot. Period!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, you’ve changed the minds of all the voting members of the ACIP.

Your statement about death is ridiculous. What if my Mom receives PCV13 and dies from pp serogroup 3? Can I sue Pfizer for a defective product? I mean Pfizer knows it’s not as effective in that serotype but doesn’t inform patients. And what if my daughter contracts MenB at 21 (five years after Trumenba) can I sue Pfizer because they knew the vaccine wasn’t as effective 4 years post 2nd dose.

The vaccine is available and paid for...go sell it. That’s YOUR job.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No can't sue it's in the package insert Perry Mason wannabe.

The point is that it's evil for a HCP not to offer or inform about it. Pay attention to what I write next time before you spout off stupid shit to feel smart.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s shots like you that give Pharma a bad name.
    Damn right Pfizer can be sued... and should be in your ignorant stupid scenario.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So are vaccine jobs safe or is it just a matter of time in this division? I have an opportunity....... but like my current position....

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Uh we have a hiring freeze so sorry to say I don’t think you actually have a shot.

Side note: my numbers are starting to slip a bit. Is that the case for everyone else too or just me?