When is the next restructure?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Barb, Apr 3, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Barb

Barb Guest

It can't come soon enough. I am so over this company. So many of us are waiting for an opportunity to take the package and run. It's too much money to walk away from otherwise. Any rumors out there?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck with that. The final patents do not expire for another 24 months. I agree with your feelings of wanting the package.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The restructure has already started. We are no longer a primary care company. Management is doing a great job in the transition, just look at the stock. CC will be slowly phased out over the next two years. Good luck waiting.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard from my manager that layoffs are possibly coming in November.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did not hear the mont specifically, but I did hear that layoffs are a real possibility beginning later this year as part of the increased focus on reducing internal costs and finding “efficiencies” across the company.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard something similar.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can assure you of CC restructuring very soon.
    Merck has historically halted promotion about 12 mos prior to patent expiry

Those of you who need this job, if the last blood bath did not shake you, well then there is no hope. You are simply a naive fool and deserve your unemployment compensation.

As for me, im excited and hope CC is 100% decimated so I may retire.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR insider here...be careful what you wish for...you might get Schlonged on this deal...

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahahaha! You think HR is safe? Dead serious, I am hoping to be given my freedom from my merck golden handcuffs.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR insider here...be careful what you wish for...you’re going to get schlonged on this deal....it is confirmed...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Problem - employees have always had the pension choice of lump sum or monthly annuity. Most who have retired took the lump and many who have left in recent years must decide within 3 months of leaving. Even if not old enough to claim many chose the lump sum.
    Now the currently employed remaining chumps are screwed. Rumors of annuity only so even cc reps with 25 years in thinking they will collect a cool million or so lump are out the door. Try 2 -3k per month for the rest of your life.
    That's retirement poverty level and double wide living my friends. Remember, mama Merck always wins in the end! To those who came before us and took the lump, bravo for raiding the piggy bank. Yes the fund is healthy but only by discontinuing lump payments. All those years served and you will never see it all at once, simply a piddly check each month in retirement that may pay for your healthcare.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did you confirm this?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was just told 4th quarter of this year but not major cuts. The company still needs us to promote our new launch product and drive Januvia results.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are you posting here? Arent you aware that we are not allowed to post unless you do it from your new Ipad?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I did post this from my new ipad idiot!

----Sent from my ipad

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No layoffs!!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep dreaming, there is no way we reach the operating cost cut goals of the company without layoffs

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2-3K a month is a poverty level retirement? Are you kidding me? That amount might not have you dining at 5 star restaurants and having a weekly spa day, but you can live very comfortably on that amount if you are sensible about your spending. I live a nice retirement lifestyle (in California no less) on that amount now. Quit the drama and put down your bong for awhile. And by the way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with living in a “double wide” if that’s what you can afford.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's put aside how or where one chooses to live. Fact is many planned to take the one time lump and set it aside in Fidelity or elsewhere. Folks would draw from it as needed and pay taxes as they go. Someone may need 30k for a new roof or need nothing at all. Point is, with the annuity, Merck slooooowly pays out monthly and some may have benefited from the lump. Some may have used it to buy a vacation pad without a mortgage or another to draw 50k for a wedding.

2-3k is fine if you sit home and do jack. A cruise for 2 is 3k, heck, the the minimum for my country club is 2k per month and I've got 2 weddings to pay for. Some feel retirement is sittin home watching Wheel of Fortune. I want my flippen lump so I don't retire like a chump. The idea that Smerck will delve out .005 of my pot monthly pisses me off. When I die I figured 65% of my money will be remaining which my kids will get killed on by the Feds as my estate is over 5.5. Give me the dough now so I can hide/loophole it so I don't have to give it to the dems.

Merck always wins, that's the truth.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My friend. You got a problem and it's not Merck.