When is the next restructure?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Barb, Apr 3, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're an idiot

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I concede that I was the original poster and don't mind your rebuttal. Unlike the ole cc farts, I see my cc job for what it is. I'm not married, no kids, mortgage, car payments and all the other bills. I don't have to put kids through college, weddings, etc. Over the years I've noticed the cc ole farts living on the high horse like they work for Google or Facebook. At least I realize the job for what it is, a short term delivery job. The worst part is the lifer braggards talking about 2 million in pension. You worked your whole life for that? That's It? By 30 I made more than that flipping houses on the side during my delivery job hours.

The difference between us is that I would deliver pizzas if laid off. Perhaps I will deliver to your unpaid house with kids screaming and you on your computer looking for jobs. You are as relevant as Sears, Blockbuster, Tevo and the VHS tape.

Now I need to get back to playing my video games, hehe.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t care if I’m berated for saying we should strike or unionize. I’m not suggesting this idea for myself. I’m suggested it to my fellows at this company, who have families and have given years of their lives helping this company become profitable. I’m not going to apologize for trying to defend our employee rights.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you and your seamy scum have no rights but those we allocate

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you are an entertaining simpleton, I will give you that. if you are so unhappy, believe you are being mistreated, why don't you just leave? Go find another job? I already know the answer, you can't, you have nowhere else to go, not real marketable skills outside the dying industry of Pharma sales. Striking and unionizing will do nothing to stop the decline of the profession, you need to stop being scared and prepare for the future reality.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

because this is my god damn company as much as it is yours. Merck should’ve optimized us to sell across multiple therapeutic areas. Not make us disposable once something become unprofitable. I’m not concerned about the profession, I’m concerned about us

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve never really understood the anti union sentiment among capitalist
    Capitalist do whatever they need to do to make money. The disdain regulation. What’s the problem with the worker doing what they need to do to make money. So, I say fuck off to those who want to bash the poster.
    As for the future of this profession, it most definitely is not in primary care (CC—whatever I want to call).
    Get off ur lazy ass and go find a specialty gig somewhere.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do realize that pharma companies only employ a fraction of the sales rep they use to, and the number will only continue to decline. Merck could “optimize” all you like, doesn’t change the fact that the numbers are quickly shrinking as the business environment is changing. Digital marketing, direct to consumer advertising...welcome to the new work...now stop whining and start trying to build some news skills.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would you like fries with your burger?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the next downsizing will be decided by the 100+ BCG consultants we’re currently paying millions for. nobody at the top does the work, they let a bunch of 20 year olds whose parents bought their way into a top mba program decide. get rid of the f’in gang of egomaniacal BCG consultants already & let the people with ACTUAL industry experience & families to feed do the job. hey merck, you wanna do something progressive now that we’re ‘operating from a position of power’? Try giving your employees piece of mind & job security. This perpetual layoff bs destroys culture, productivity and literally ruins lives. you want to be a company that does good for the people? how about you start by doing good for the people who work at your company. you could start by saving the hundreds of jobs that the zit-faced BCG children told you to cut - because that’s what consultants do. how about cutting then instead of cutting us?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they cut BCG consults, senior leaders would actually have to do work for themselves & wouldn’t have anyone to blame if there divestiture project failed, which it will. Yeah..., this’ll never happen. But if it does, old Kenny will take his last trip in the corporate jet straight to his retirement home.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buddy.... the train left the station years ago.... the report hub is doomed, it’s over brother.... there will be no “optimizations” or flexible training and utilization of the current sales force. Accept the fact that this uni-directional trains final destination is ZERO Repville. It’s fucking over, OK???

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey friend it ain't over until the fat lady sings :)

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are toast!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wow idiot alert
    big companies owe employees nothing that isn't in the contract
    workers now average roughly 7 job changes in their careers now. get used to it and if u don't like it go somewhere else. of course the same thing will happen there

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You averaged 14, and fired for cause every time.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s right because they’ll hire BCG consultants too! But come on now, people losing their jobs especially during holiday season sucks & please try to by a little more human & compassionate towards one another.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm a cc rep and have had sleepless nights worrying about my expected placement call. I'm so stressed I took a dump in a sample closet today and wiped with a fingertip formulary printout. After my deposit I noticed a camera in the sample closet area and I was wearing my badge. I'm toast!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You were confused, thought it was the gender neutral bathroom!