When is the next restructure?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Barb, Apr 3, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’d be extremely grateful if someone could provide an honest and accurate and answer to the following: I left a 17 year career with another pharma company in June of 2019 and it sounds like we may be laid off in Q1 of 2020. Not sure what Merck’s severance policy is, but does anyone know if an employee with less than 1 year will get anything? My husband passed 6 years ago this January and I’m the sole provider for my 3 children. Just hoping that if I do get laid off, Merck would offer even a short severance to help while I look for something new. Again, any help anyone could provide would really mean a lot. Thank you.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you will probably get something but it won't be much...

don't ever count on Merck to do the right thing by its employees, old or new....

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its usually 4 months if less than a year

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Per federal WARN ACT you will get 60 day notice; and basically be done at that point. I don’t know what MRK offers but it’s it’s probably an additional 2-3 months plus 2-3 months times years of service. Good luck to you.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12 weeks of your pay in a lump sum until you’ve worked 4+ years, then the severance goes up in the number of weeks of pay. Best of wishes!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

February for oncology decisions then other divisions follow in June and October again.

Downsizing remote positions and those who travel and responsibilities could be given to someone local.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This would make sense since Oncology is overly staffed as it is.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is one person in each chronic care territory and one person in each vaccine territory. Are you suggesting that there will be zero reps left? Double sized territories? Or contract team put in place? What of all the great new launches coming soon?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The next restructure will be around February 6. Get ready, this one is going to be a doozy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh shut up

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you are right. There is a lot of talk in NJ about major announcement next week.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Im hearing restricture again by the end of 3 quarter? really? again?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hearing that in West Point also, it is something big, to be announced at Feb 5th EBB.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Less reps, less support staff needed. HQ and Oncology next. Januvia is selling itself. Steglatro is dead. Keytruda is a great product, but our access sucks. There may be some type of acquisition to make the future more certain.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm guessing that we will hear mixed news. It'll probably be a restructure with an announcement of a new partnership.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Possibly, this one has me curious as I am hearing it is something significant to be announced, not just another early stage acquisition or insignificant restructuring

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cuts will be announced in the first quarter. Who is surprised by that? Primary care and vaccine already down 80% and Oncology and headquarters will be next . Run while you can.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard they may be closing Kenilworth.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve heard that rumor also, move headquarters to Rahway.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There’s no way they would get rid of Kenilworth. Merck Execs originally thought about selling Kenilworth (former SP HQ) after the SP acquisition in 2009, but wound up selling the Whitehouse Station Corp HQ instead.