When will Pfizer Make a Move for BMS

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Eager, Feb 17, 2018 at 12:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Eager

Eager Guest

We all know this is going to happen. When will Pfizer finally pull the trigger? Can't wait to see how this plays out.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In situations like this, typically would they reduce the Eliquis salesforce on the BMS side rather than the Pfizer side when it actually happens?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A veteran of three buyouts that landed me in this shithole, whatever happens won’t be pretty for either side. This merger of two colossal shit-shows will be a great comedy- drama to watch. Won’t be long and Pfizer will run out of companies to buy and bury and this house of cards will collapse. Hope a nice package is offered to get the hell out of here.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Could someone translate this into a more direct answer?

It looks like what he was attempting to say is the lay off a few people from each side and keep a mix of the two.

Buying out a company that compromotes a drug is probably a pretty unique acquisition.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buying co-promotes is their specialty. Think Lipitor.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BMS salesforce will mostly be shit-canned as redundant, but they will keep a lucky few for sure. Maybe 10-20%?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are dreaming. I came into Pfizer through a large acquisition, not many left from the company I came from. Pfizer keeps the products and discards the people, some faster than others. Its not a matter of "if" you will get canned, but rather a matter of "when".

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lucky? To work for Pfizer? Not me! If you’re that desperate for a job, good luck.
    You’ll be treated like shit by the Pfizer turds, and they’re laying off their own, what chance do you think you have for any long term career? Hell Half of Pfizer wants to get out of this shitshow. Pfizer will fold your pension into theirs....oh, yeah, we don’t have on anymore, your 401k, too, with fidelity, who are their cronies. Pfizer, along with Novartis, represents the worst of Pharma.
    It’ll take a year or more before the dust settles, Pfizer will can all BMS upper management, then work on middle management. The rep level will be last. Then they will reorganize, consolidate territories, and sump their deadwood along with most of BMS reps. Reps will then have to interview with the insufferable,moronic, arrogant assholes Pfizer calls managers, and wait for their decision. After that, there will be a meeting of those retained, you will be wined and dined, and told you are the best of BMS, and welcome to the greatest company on earth.
    It goes quickly downhill from there and the honeymoon will soon be over.
    BMS’ers will have a year, maybe 18 mos. and Pfizer will begin the process to get you to leave or fire you. It will start very subtely, with casual negative comments, innuendoes, etc.
    Then your performance review, whether you’re number one or last in the numbers game, will be lackluster, or more negative than you ever experienced. Your incompetent jerk of a manager will continue to beat you down until you leave or put you on the infamous Pfizer PIP.
    Another name for getting you out legally.
    The entire atmosphere is like being in elementary school all over again. Seriously, it’s pathetic. From the top down you will see the most immature, sophomoric, incompetent, clueless, arrogant, narcissistic, devious, back- biting, ass- kissing, bunch of assholes in action. If it weren’t so pathetic it would be funny.
    My advice (that worked very nicely for me), is, once the merger....buyout, because the BMS name will be gone, is to start your job search before the rush. Most smart managers will understand you don’t want to be screwed in a merger, and the Pfizer name is poison to anyone hiring because their reps have no skills and nothing positive to offer. You’ll be from BMS, unlike Pfizer, who still has a respectable representation in the pharma industry.

I wish you all well if the buyout happens, and my condolences if you have nowhere else to go but here. You will be miserable, count on it.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HEY!... you forgot selfish and cowardly.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely out for themselves, not their people.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unless you're part of the LGBT community. If you are one of them this is nirvana!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Realistically, when will this buyout be announced - is it a matter of weeks or months or a year?
    Also, what will happen to the BMS research folks?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey, Dipshit. Ask your manager.
    If history repeats itself, you’ll hear it on the news the day it happens.
    What difference does it make? Are you planning on leaving? Better wait for your severance.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The buyout will be announced just after ASCO so as not to interrupt presentations from both companies that have material value on the share price. Pfizer has zero expertise in immuno-oncology and would be fools to cut loose the researchers from BMS.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer execs are fools.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

would they really wait for ASCO?..Tax reform has happened.. so..?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who really gives a shit? When it happens it happens.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i hope we don’t buy it. They have too much of what we don’t need more of...

...People.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And also quality products and a deep pipeline. Something Pfizer doesn’t have at all.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer would be long gone without all their acquisitions. Worthless R&D, bloated management at all levels. Pipeline came from acquired companies. 99% of all products we’re acquired.