Where are all the IS complainers?

Discussion in 'Amgen IT' started by Anonymous, Jul 12, 2008 at 2:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IS always complains management is incompetent, and yet there are no postings. What gives? Afraid of big brother?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many of us decided that, instead of waiting around for our jobs to be outsourced, we would find other jobs at better companies. You know, the ones that pretend to value their employees. Amgen seems to have dropped even the pretense of it these days.

Thanks for asking.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am not Tom, I took the VTP - but I am curious - what would you folks do if you were in Tom's shoes?

What would you do differently while still fulfilling the duties of a company officer to protect shareholder value (by reducing costs, increasing efficiency)?

I realize it is painful to go through all this, but I doubt anyone at the ISLT is enjoying the process either. With sales eroding as they did, what was the alternative?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone please mention how is the ISI package?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You missed the whole point about the situation. The so-called ISLT purged up and comers that would bring value to the company in exchange for insuring that their loyal ass kissers got to keep RSUs, bonus, etc. Your thoughts of what poor Tom should do are well intentioned, and your decision to take the VTP is admirable. However, while the VTP list was based on objective criterion, the RIF list was based on pay-back for showing leadership qualities that were perceived to usurp those holdiing all the cards

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right on the money! As a client of the IS organization, I can confirm that those who made sense, those who worked hard, those who delivered for us, they were marginalized and pushed out. Those who showed up at meetings to make non-sense remarks were all promoted to levels they did not deserve.
    Sad situation but in a way a blessing as I am so glad to see many of those marginalized IS folks now in superb positions outside of Amgen.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an outside consultant who worked on your supply chain mangement IS issues, I completely concur with your statement "Those who showed up at meetings to make non-sense remarks were all promoted to levels they did not deserve." There was an executive director who was supposed to be a simulation expert, and from the questions he would ask, it was obvious he never ran a simulation in his life. Our solutions were discredited because some dweeb on his staff thought they could do it better in-house by reinventing the wheel. Our contract was cut, but dweeb, ED, and VP are still reinventing the wheel to the chagrin of the clients they are supposed to serve. Tom is either looking the other way or too jaded to give a damn.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe Amgen management should have invested more in developing next gen drugs, or better business acquisitions. Rather than waiting until something bad happed to punishing the people that made them successful while take a large bonus. You are a short sited r*****.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He should have the decency to quit and take his arrogance and "ripples in a bucket of water" with him!!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you know all the complainers went to work for ... fill in the blank.