Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Roche' started by Anonymous, Nov 21, 2007 at 4:53 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After spending a good portion of our adult life at Roche, would it not be nice to know what ever happened to.....? Here is my list.
    Milt Stomatos-pharmacy
    Herb Conrad-VP
    Conrad Wittmer-prof serv
    Bruce Medd, MD- prof serv
    Phil elvecchio- MD, prof serv
    Bob Frisa- sales
    Judy Maironne (?)- his admin
    Michelle Botitta- admin
    Don Schoenwald- RSM
    Jerry Davenport- RSM
    Gene Venegoni- DSM
    Bick Atherton-PSM and others; Don ....
    --- Greene, PharmD- prof serv
    I'll think of others.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Steve Saltz
    Irwin Lerner
    Bob Parisi
    Steve Sudovar

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Parisi is VP at Dendrite Int'l, Bedminster, NJ, sales software for pharma etc, as per a Google search.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very Impressive. Pat Higgins, former VP of sales, moves on to a low life pharma company. Cant say much about Roche's pedigree.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did Vance Doherty get employed as a worm and maggot factory?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vance D.. Rest in Peace!!!
    Higgins EVP-at Pharmasett
    Gearhart- Acct mgr at Pharmacare
    Choi- Director at Tibotec
    Leal-VP of ID at Novartis
    Obrien-NSM of ID at Novartis
    Hartung-Sr.Product Mgr.at Tibotec

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that was a rumor that Vance died.
    Kevin and Dane were not bad guys but the rest good riddins!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what the hell is riddins?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about Maria Bergamo, Kathy McDede, Debbie (Payne) Henderson, Patty Jaeger and Gerry Manashin?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bigelli & Boyle?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about Jim Saperstein? While were at it, Tom Silberg? I heard he was modeling sportcoats out on the West Coast.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gerry Manashin-pretty sure he died several years ago.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you happen to notice that Tom Silberg's corporate photo was different from the standard picture? I looks as if it were done by Glamour Shots with a "soft filter" around the edges.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am getting the impression that these names are so long forgotten that no one knows. How about Michelle Crocco in HR. She must know or could assign someone to the old card index and answer the question. And I thought I left an indelible mark there. I must be delusional. Of course, I am.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saltz - consulting in Pharma and Biotech
    Lerner - on several Boards and just sold Reliant
    Conrad- also on Boards and VC's
    Bigelli- passed away
    Sudovar - in VC world too

Others-

Colucci - President of Publicis NA
    Sapirstein - CEO of HIV start up
    Jaeger- was at Ventiv - National Sales Director
    Payne-Henderson - last seen at IMS

Many Roche alumni have done well and whoever wrote the first message on this chain remembers the good old days in the '80's and '90's when Roche was a powerhouse

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen, Brother

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

---Hmmm...maybe the good ole days aren't over yet. The stock went up $5.80 on Friday because of good news about Actemra and Avastin (Genentech).

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alright, I admit it. It was me. Hardly a day goes by that the Roche days isn't discussed in some. For past 5 years I have been in real estate in Montclair. Before he died, Dr. Sternbach lived and then sold his house in Montclair. I had a chance to show to a buyer one day. As the young couple looked the house over, I chatted with Leo and his wife. His walls were lined with Roche memorabilia, including those green and black plastic Librium capules and other promotional 'chotchskys' (sp). He was proud of it all. He really loved the attention at the plant over the years. In fact, after he moved south I believe he died within a year. My client asked him what he thought of the lyrics from a Rolling Stones song- Mother's Little Helper. He and his wife smiled and said they enjoyed that, too.
    Ben Witzig

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Define doing well. Working in VC (as opposed to owning a VC firm) is one big difference maker. None of the aforementioned individuals on any of these posts are CEOs at noted Pharma or top BIO tech companies. Roche was never considered an executive boot camp. What the hell are you guys smoking - must be something from the good old days.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay, now you are showing your true colors. Define "well'? First of all as President of Publicis (which is a major Ad agency), NC earns just as much, if not more than any large Pharma CEO or major Biotech CEO. In addition, unless you now something the rest of us do not know, running any kind of division still requires a lot of skill sets. The size of the organization doesn't matter much because many of the issues are the same. Whether they are FDA, manufacturing, R&D, sales, etc. In fact, I would think that managing the smaller organizations with less available resources may be a little tougher than managing large organizations made up of few difference makers and a majority of mediocre personell. Get your facts straight. VC's do "well" because they make sound investments in talented people who can gain access to quality technologies.
    Leaders like Saltz et al, ran a quality organization when they were in charge and they have had continued success in smaller organizations. Yes, I was around in those days and while mistakes were made, the successes far outnumbered the failures, which is no longer the case. Saltz always had a positive attitude and it rubbed off on many people. When he left, the organization's leadership went with him and it seems to be that it has yet to recapture any of it's lost luster. It's too bad that you're so bitter, because it sounds like the company can truly use some people with positive "can-do" behavior, even when times are tough.