White Males Need Not Apply

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by anonymous, Mar 14, 2020 at 6:46 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just went through the interview process and for the first time ever I felt like I had no chance and i was filling a interview slot just to fill time. I was sent a link with one option time to interview... I had a manager falling asleep at the interview table during my interview. No joke. Then once awake this manager questioned why i didn’t understand the astellas comp plan for bonus. I felt like explaining the computer i was interviewing with prior to the face to face didn’t tell me the product compensation breakdown.

I can’t put this experience all into words...but it was one of the most distasteful experiences I’ve ever had with a company in the industry in 18 years. I walked out feeling like i never had a chance....being a white middle aged male set me back right from the start. For a company that praises itself on diversity....i wish i could somehow turn this into a lawsuit. I will never have a good thing to say about this company...except i will never apply here again.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s a second tier company there are much better places to work.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Internal White Males need not apply either. HR stated in the recent Town Hall that we need more Females and Minorities in Management. That statement is pure sexism and racism towards white males, the only group openly and blatantly discriminated against at Astellas. Legal and HR's policy of recording all townhalls, webex's and skype calls, along with keeping all correspondence will be their downfall when lawsuits hit this company. The company will settle out of court to keep it away from anti-pharma juries, and will force NDA's to be signed to keep it out of the media.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I won't agree with you in public, but I will agree with you here. Just be careful speaking the truth in person.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More? The interview i was in consisted of 1 white female, 2 black males, and a black female. They wanted to know everything i did for the interview...i wanted to ask them the same...only the white female had enough competency to bring their business card to the interview process! Pretty standard for any other interview I’ve been in. I could keep going on with the many red flags I saw...but I don’t feel like arguing with people on this forum. Just telling the fact of the process i went through. Still can’t believe one of the managers in this 4 panel interview fell asleep during the interview. Mind blowing!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How revealing that you think women and people of color don’t warrant promotion on merit.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He didn't say anything of that nature at all. I think Equal Opportunity for ALL is his point. When senior leadership openly pushes anti-white male policies in their hiring directions, it is definitely not merit based. What about their merits? Or is that okay to discriminate against now? Hypocrite.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, bullshit. Characterizing calls for diversity as “anti-white male” is based on the very premise that white men are the ones who deserve to be hired in the first place.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is in itself an illogical statement, probably based on your overt anti-white bias which has led to a false premise in your argument.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

?? what in the current demographic make up of this company justifies the premise that the company is discriminating against white males? What is the US sales force break down? How about senior leadership? To take additional steps to increase diversity of under represented groups seems like a worthy endeavor. If white employees are being passed over for opportunities and the individual is also white do they feel like it has to do with talent or color? Not worth the history lesson on how embedded the good ole boy network works but I hope you have better success elsewhere.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take a selfie, you'll see the modern day Racist/Sexist. Discrimination now against anyone, of any color, gender, etc, doesn't make up for the sins of the past. Be Kind.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We don’t have to make up for the “sins” of the past. What happened 150 years ago is ancient history. We are under no obligation to treat anyone different because of what happened to their race centuries ago. This “you owe us” attitude has and will continue to cause a lot of problems.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very difficult to navigate this organization as a white middle aged conservative male. They push liberal thought and ram diversity down our throats. They have groups to support every and all populations including Latino, Asian. AA, LGBTQ, but not white males. By segmenting these groups, the inclusion and diversity department divides us. I get along with everyone, and I don’t care who you sleep with, but I wonder if they would allow us to create an Italian American Support group at Astellas. Not likely, they would tell us that we can support one of the other groups, but a Caucasian group is racist. They would claim that I am white and privileged without knowing any history of me or my family. Here you can not say anything publicly. We all get off calls and speak amongst ourselves and question why certain subjects like why the President calls the Corona Virus the Asian flu need to be addressed on a corporate call. Please keep your political views to yourself.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came here to check out the company as I am starting my new job at Astellas next week.

I enjoyed reading this thread. Funny that I am a middle aged white male and I had a blast through the video interview process and got the job. It pays to be good and competent I guess. As a white male, they treated me very nicely throughout the interview. It is a diverse team and the people seemed all very friendly.

By the way, for those who say this is a second tier company, I worked in those so called first tier companies and the pay sucked. The pay I was offered at Astellas is amazing, much better than what I made at the first tier company I worked at before.

Looking forward to start my new job!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sincerely,
    HR, I mean new white Guy

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the answer is to just walk away from it all.

remember, there is no such thing as a good job. working in pharma or any corporate job is a terrible place to spend your life.

few men with wisdom will understand what I am saying here.

the rest of you are sheep. slaves.

life is short.

enjoy it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did anyone record the weareone call on Wednesday? Divide and conquer. This is a textbook case of reverse discrimination by a corporation. Racism against any color is still racism. When is Japan going to wake up and realize that US operations is run by social justice warriors who only "serve" patients and HCP's in order to fund their radical ideologies to force their beliefs on others? A means to an end.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest