Who are the good sales directors at Lilly?

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by Anonymous, Jan 2, 2008 at 6:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are a dying breed in the Neuroscience Division. Too many poor people decisions by Grady, Enrique etc.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best sales director is Gene Thiem!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TC IL/WI is one of the great ones. Doesn't take any BS from his managers or rep's. And that is how it should be. Highly respected.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tom C. may be the best at Lily. Very competitive and wants to win. Has a great way of getting to the essence and complex strategy and makes in implementable. Treats everyone fairly but not the same. Most of all, its not about him.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very nice guy with very little substance!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So why is he continually mid-pack at best?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is actually a GREAT guy, and why the hell do you need substance to be a sales director at a pharma company? Unfortunately for people like Gene, the RSM job is even more lacking in meaning than that of the DM job. At least he has put his time in and will likely be able to walk away in good shape. He is a class act.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of the best that I have ever worked for - not the "typical" robot pharma director.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tom C. will once again be on top of the sales results standings. He has had to rid his area of too many mediocre manageres and reps that he inherited from Greg James, Beth Sexton and Christy Hill.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Greg Houfek. Ooops! He never made director.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think Noesges will clean out the Diabetes sales directors after Hobson let a bunch of incompetents into the division as directors? D. Hopf, F. Jefferson ?? -- no wonder we are getting our ass kicked by other diabetes sales forces!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

C.A. is by far the best!!!!! No question.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's see - Wesley is aggressive and smart, Carlos is - well - pilotical and times his activities so he will be noticed, Doug is dedicated and responsive but not a hard ass. The rest I don't know.

Politics seems to rules what they all do. CYA all the way.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't think of any good sales directors in the Diabtees division! Even if they finished #1 in the country, they don't have the respect from their DMs and better that, the sales reps. Why are we SO top heavy... we need to go back to what it was like 1 1/2 yrs ago.. did we only have 4 or 5 areas? What's the point of having all of these directors.. to many chiefs!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TC is a great sales director. Cuts the bull and knows his job, motivates his reps and mgrs. He also didn't blow smoke up my behind. I appreciate it.

The only bad thing I can say about him is that he went to Notre Dame. One of the finest academic institutions in the nation. That is about it. True gentleman.

Thanks Tom. Good luck.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wesley - hard worker, very dedicated to success. Only limitation is poor people skills, no EQ.

Doug - very dedicated, wants to win. Will stand up for his reps and managers. One of the best.

Carlos - very political and knows how to make himself look good with upper management. You can only trust him so much. Has a softer side though - ask Paul.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He still needs to get rid of a few more, I think this management team is one of the worst I've ever seen. To his credit though, it has gotten ALOT better from when he took over. Good director.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By far Wesley has the best group of managers and made some very good hires with new managers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

those comments regarding wesley must have been made by one of his lackeys that he put into place. he is not smart. incompentency should take into account his lack of integrity and eq. what a joke. no respect here.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bernie Tobin WAS the best SALES director at Lilly. Number 1 in Primary care, and back to back Number 1s in Neuroscience. Perormance and leadership resulting in a Master Performer designation. Bernie dedicated 17 years to Lilly, and had leadership behaviors deserving of ADVANCED leadership. Noesges, Enrique, Diedre. . . . .You deserve the piss poor leadership in Lilly USA for your gross incompetence in developing leaders with proven perormance. You promote "potential", women (With little to no performance or experience), and those that work the system well / manage up. Who is the next top perormer to leave???