Who are the worst managers?

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by Anonymous, Aug 9, 2014 at 8:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope, we are not in a good place. My manager is turning into a psycho. I don't think I have ever despised someone in management more than this person. I do think people are realizing more and more where we are headed, yet the company could care less about wasting money and time on useless things. I would bet a month's pay we will have a regional or bigger meeting this Fall. I think our CEO should rethink his management team, and fast.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My ASM gives us about a 2 to 3 day notice before a filed ride, because he has the worst organizational skills of anyone I've ever met! Having only a handful of reps doesn't make things better.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well seeing how they announced about a month and a half ago that we're having a "Great Minds" meeting in Denver in October I'd say that's a safe bet.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly what are you referring to?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

on Neuro side Regional 3 day meetings in Sept. East meeting in Maryland

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everest should be so lucky they are coming over to sell one of the best performing products in Lundbeck

From May 10th Conference Call:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-lun-co-earnings-224741710.html

"We have achieved a significant improvement in our profitability as well as growth in revenue, and we are very satisfied with the development. Revenue grew 12% in the quarter, thereby reaching DKK 4.2 billion. Our key products have continued their strong growth, and sales of these products have grown 46%. In general, all key products are performing well, and especially, Northera, Rexulti and Trintellix are growing fast. The products are, however, negatively impacted by a typical first quarter weakness, which we also have seen in past years. In parallel with the sales growth, we managed to bring down our costs and have reached an EBIT margin of 24% for the quarter. That does mean that we are well on track to achieve our long-term target of an EBIT margin of 25%. As our tax rate is declining, we see very strong growth in earnings per share of 217%. Our business is in such good shape, and we have improved our cash positioning further. And since last year, we've increased our net cash position by DKK 3 billion and just since year-end, added an additional DKK 600 million in net cash."

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

all of them! have you ever looked at a sadder bunch of managers in your life? most of them were promoted based on sales achievements alone. no leadership background, just a former rep who thinks they were the only reason for their territory's success. they are the ones that believed their territory was just as difficult as yours, and if you only showed initiative like they did, you would be more successful. the managers here are way too young and inexperienced and would not be considered for management roles at any reputable pharmaceutical company.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

its all about your span of contacts here.. popularity goes a long way in promotions and advancement. Competence in business doesn't mean much. Just look at who has been flying the plane

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just don't understand why anyone would want someone who makes people leave the company. It costs the company so much more money to hire and train new reps. management needs to take a real focus on the realities of this environment and do what can be done in realistic terms. Someone like AH has pie in the sky ideas and expectations but those things maybe forced on her by Trace. She has to answer to him and so much of her actions maybe attributable to maintaining her position at Lundbeck. We all do what we have to do and are forced to do what management demands of us, good or bad.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truer words were never spoken! You go Andrea!!!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, we will have a Fall meeting, for what reason, I/we have no clue. The calendar/Otsuka/Takeda says it's time to meet, so we meet. Poor way to run a business. In re management, do not complain to your regional or HR! You will have automatically sign your own firing order. Even if you have a legitimate complaint, don't do it, and don't waste your time on doing an exit interview with HR when you leave. I've talked with numerous people that have done them, and they said it was a robotic, read-off-the-question-list type of thing, with the person showing no interest, and seemed actually to be bored with it all.

Just go with the flow until you find something else. It's much easier that way.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, having done an exit interview, they really don't ask a lot of questions.It is mostly open ended and with mine, she couldn't wait to get me off the phone. The one question I specifically asked was: does anyone actually pay attention to these exit interviews?
    Her response was - well if you mean that Mr/Ms XYZ said this, well no but we do look for common messages amongst them. To which we know is not true as everyone that has left has said the same things. Too many reps with the same drug, nothing on the horizon and management esp Glover that is incompetent.
    As we see, nothing has changed and if you aren't looking - shame on you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[​IMG]

sounds like HR does just like most of the field reps do here

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company knows they have a problem with some of the senior leadership. The restructuring of 2018 will allow to conveniently displace the dead weight we see at the top.

How many more people does Lundbeck become a turnstile for because they can't retain talent? What does it cost to train and on-board someone? 100K? What fools are we to not get serious about the shortcomings in our programs?

What's the company's success rate on retention? Don't hear much anymore about reputation and how we are so respected. Funny when you start restricting budgets and our ability to own our business where things go.

It's amazing how quickly a company can lose their way. The people running the show today in HQ are just not connecting and energizing the field. Sales are down, Kare is bullshitting investors that sales are great and our brands are growing excellent. We can only hope his rigged stock options are worthless this time around. Maybe then he will remember we sell medicines to help people, not rip them off. The people in Chicago in senior leadership are cutting corners because we are not doing well with budget monitoring, cutting back, less meetings etc.

Meanwhile Kare raises guidance for the year. 60% comes from the USA. How many of us are even getting paid to goal? Probably not even 50% in the country and this is all by plan. And take your 10% growth goal that I hit 108% for (getting 98% to plan) and then payout the rep at 87% because some analytics bean counter who guesses wrong most of the time got it wrong again. They want to make sure they don't pay a lot to keep that balance sheet fat for the year end report. Kare's stock depends on it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1. Denmark HQ couldn't care less about US employees.
    2. Retention is poor here because the future is bleak and the pay VERY low by industry standards.
    3. STI and LTI here totally unacceptable; Copenhagen employees get stock and US employees who keep the lights on get bread crumbs.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think I know of another company that handholds their sales team more than Lundbeck. I am so sick of seeing my ASM every few weeks that I could puke! This person has no clue what the real world of pharma sales is like! NO CLUE! Managers literally serve absolutely no function here. We talk about the same things over and over. Management offers us nothing to help sell these me-too products. It has now become a very strange culture at Lundbeck. What future can Lundbeck point to? Additional indications of for the psych drugs? IS THAT IT?? The future looks very bleak. Very, very bleak.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My ASM could ride with me all they want. They will get to go see about 25% of the people the salesforce billionaire company claims are able to be seen 7-8x in a trimester and somehow want to be seen that many times for a drug they might write 3-4x in that much time anyhow. Managers really should need to see their reps 2-3x a year and that's it. one on one calls and business reviews are more valuable than a rigged dog and pony show day. Wake up HQ.... pull your head out of your ass

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can expect the micromanagement to get worse. The managers here are the worst I have ever seen. I am sure there are a few good ones with a realistic idea of what we do daily, buy only a few. Unfortunately, mine lives in a world that doesn't exist, and from the reps I know, I am not alone with this problem. You are right, the culture has changed for the worse, and our "handholding" managers offer no real help at all, but to their defense, the company offers them nothing to help us as well.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why would it get better?

the people getting manager jobs in the last few months have no background that give any confidence of being people persons. Trainers, no people skill, low emotional intelligence. The turnstile is about to spin very fast in Chicago and Texas

Maybe this is the plan to hit the goals.... lower overhead through attrition.... it's clear we aren't hitting the goals once again.

Oh I forgot we don't get anything to show for that 60% we contribute to the bottom line. And we don't get to vote on CEO compensation or the board compensation either. Seems like a crooked system, how about doing the right thing there Kare?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think we aren't hitting our goals now, just wait a few more months and you will see things start to fall apart. Sabril is falling off the cliff, then Onfi will start the fall late next year. But wait, we will have the BP indication for Maintena, and tons of new indications for Trin and Rex! We're saved!

Kare will start the reorg when it best suits him. 1 year at the latest is my guess.