Who are the worst managers?

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by Anonymous, Aug 9, 2014 at 8:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More like #metoo several times over

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You won't find a Lundbeck ASM leading from the front. Oh, they will add comments during the call (some won't even do that, but stand there like a statue eyes focused on the rep!), but ask them to take a call from start to finish, and they will blow a gasket!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After the last meeting I have a short list for the most incompetent mangers. Not bad people just totally incompetent, they add nothing to any conversation. J. Garner, J Growny, North Carolina DSM, and Mandi. I feel dumber when the are involved. On the other hand Maurice, Brad, Mike, Joe, Jason, and Colleen K are actually the ones that know what they’re talking about. To bad the incompotent ones don’t know it because they’ll ramble on for hours about absolutely nothing.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen Brother You hit the dumb ones spot on. How they became managers I WILL NEVER KNOW.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am on board w Mandi. She rambles on and on about nothing. So dumb

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes to the short list dumb as hell.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You left of Cally A. She never had anything of value to add and at this meeting I felt dumber everytime I heard her try to act like she knows anything.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Been thinking of how useless my and other managers are. Mine has done absolutely nothing to help increase sales. If fact, I have come to the conclusion that this person has no clue whatsoever how pharmaceutical sales work. This person is completely devoid of situational awareness insofar as knowing what and what not to do in an office. Also, I can’t understand why any company would have a “manager “ managed as few of people as Lundbeck allows them to do. Lundbeck needs to change the role of manager to something more useful. Because as of now, you could fire all of them and sales would increase!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think managers actually realize that they serve no real purpose. They can't/refuse to handle a call with a doc. They think they can take a vis-aid and do a call, but ask one to show you how it's done, and they will shit themselves! They approve expense reports, and other admin duties, but they contribute nothing to sales. The whole thing needs to be overhauled.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do the math- at 200k a year salary, Ic etc. x 60 managers and the company is spending around 10 - 12 million a year to approve expense reports and baby sit. This role has long been outdated and just another layer of Pharma beuracracy. If it was a small business would the owner pay someone 200k a year to shuffle a few papers? When it comes out of our pocket we are careful what we spend and how we spend it but when it’s someone else’s money it’s easy to waste it on non/ productivity!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have to say that I have never experienced such extreme micromanagement as I have here, and some of it is due to managers having so few reps. The “ babysitting” has become too much. Their inability to set fair goals has become too much. No pipeline equals no future. Managers that don’t know how to manage has become too much.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Addressing the worst manager issue BY FAR IT IS THE PSYCH MANAGER IN CHICAGO ANDREA
    I do not think there are any nice things that could be said about her. I will not trash her, but I speak the truth.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

be glad of all the incompetence. they come out once a month to see you work, not that they really want to be there but they have to justify their jobs. The neuro managers leave a lot to be desired. Most are just as limited as we are to driving the sales. They get the average of our bonuses so they in many times make less than the top reps on the team on bonus. The company has always been backwards with incentive comp. Salaries are not competitive as we see record turnover here. Not having a CEO this long is telling what a mess we have here.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some people got a 3% increase in Rex quota and some got much, much higher. Goal setting here is the worst I have ever seen. The "babysitting" you mention is only going to get worse as the numbers get worse. Think about it, all they can come up with are patient profiles. When, in their minds, do they think that docs finally understand which patient to use Rex/Trin on? How long does it take? 5 years? 10 years? So, like my ASM wants us to do on every call, show them a patient profile they have seen hundreds of times. Maybe if they read the cover of the Rex vis aid where it states that less than 10% of patients receive add on therapy with an atypical, they might finally get it!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Marvin in Neuro in Charlotte. He is poop on a stick

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

200k year salary at Lundbeck for ASM's? You are way off! Some RBD's don't even make 170k base. Lundbeck - second rate in all we do.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That sums up the situation quite well. Nobody in their right mind would want to take a stint where they are set up to fail...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe I said salary, IC , etc. You can figure it however you like but between a 130-140 salary, 30-40k IC and the additional money the ASMs get paid each year is about a 200k package. Lundbeck pays well enough- the question is what do ASMs do to earn a paycheck like that. Everyone will have to come to their own conclusions as to whether you think ASM/DM jobs are obsolete or not- personally I think all of our jobs are useless in the Smart phone/Information Age we live in now. Samples can be sent UPS to Drs, Copay cards can be given to pharmacies-, Drs can get detailed off You Tube or chat with a couple of PharmDs for more in-depth Questions.
    Pharma Sales And Marketing is a thing of the past And whenever healthcare becomes more socialized- the party will be over.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My ASM lives about 20 years in the past. They think that when an office says that today the doc is just too busy, that is just an excuse to overcome, and we still should be able to get in a quick message. Insanity at it's worst. The problem is that docs do not believe that we bring any real value to their practice, and they are right! We are not allowed to bring value anymore.This person thinks that if you don't use a visual aid on every call, then it's not a call. Someone on CP said our job is to pester the doc until they write our product, and that's a good description of what we do. ASM's are dinosaurs. We are fast joining them. Also, another huge problem is that Lundbeck has no strategy whatsoever to market our me-too products. If you know what it is, please let me know!

After speaking with many people at LUNA, if I had to guess how many people would leave tomorrow for another company, I would guess about 90% would make the leap. They think the answer to all our problems is more role playing and patient profiles. If it wasn't sad, it would be laughable.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest