Who do you really miss that has left Merck?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2006 at 5:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where did Lisa go???

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure he will laugh his way to the bank, though he would rather be earning his Merck money than winning it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Susan Stretesky

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Alina Erlich. What's that- she didn't leave yet? Oh. Maybe she can leave so we can at least say we miss her.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What did Stacey Gelman not leave?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The old Bronx managers/reps

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bill winesberry in tulsa. didn't actually leave but died of a heart attack at a merck meeting-was that an omen or what? old school rep with multiple-multiple vp awards and did the job the right way. bill you are missed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So sorry to hear that Bill has passed---can you tell me when? I last talked to him about 10 years ago when I was leaving Merck. He was a very kind and benevolent fellow. I was fortunate to be able to meet him when he joined Merck from the PA ranks. He was loved and respected by all who got to know him during his start in Iowa and Illinois.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bill passed in 2003. His memorial was packed with people-I think Bill,being a very humble guy would have been humbled by that. Several regional vp's, RD's BM's alot of reps. and ton's of just folks. The merck brass sat on the front row and I think Bill would have got a kick out of that because at meetings he always sat in the back. They gave an opportunity to speak and his manager-true to merck form-with all that mgmt. up front-just wouldn't shut-up-ran out of time with alot of ordinary folks waiting in line to give their memories which I would have liked to hear rather than this ass pontificate just because upper management was there. Anyway, I was a 20+ vet. of the industry with 12 at merck (laid off) and winesberry symbolized a real passing of an era-with no one to pass real merck ethics to-because the true gentlemen, like Bill, who lived George Mercks' ethics (no longer carried on the cover of "merck world") are all gone. Bill would be retired now, but I wonder what he would think of merck's "new commercial model" of putting profits before patients.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Employees like Winesberry are what made Merck an awesome company. George Merck's ethics were not just printed and posted but were PRACTICED throughout the organization. Employees took great pride in the opportunity to work for MERCK. But that was decades ago. Bill encouraged me to stick with Merck but I told him there were no longer enough people with sufficient character and integrity to run the place and I could no longer stand the stench. This was in 1999. Naturally, what followed has been sordid history for Merck. I hope this didn't help send Bill to an early grave.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really miss Chris Farley, a fat guy with so much agility!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is true all the great reps are gone from Merck. All the selfish backstabbing managers have chased them all away. Sad!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stowers!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Josefina Rohena. Left on Dec 08, after many years of service. Best Trainer and Manager.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Josefina Rohena (great friend from Puerto Rico). Left on Dec 08, after many years of service. Best Trainer and Manager.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The hot sista from up east with the huge rack. Evenings at the POA`s are not the same without her.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who the hell is Stacey Gelman?? What does she do?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Joy Ryan still there. Great manager and hot milf . Enjoyed her travels.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to the O/P for rekindling the wonderful memory of Brother Bill. It's hard to believe it has been alomost 7 years since he passed. Having had the pleasure to work with Bill and more importantly, learn from Bill, it is a sad indictment for Merck not to have taken a lesson from Bill's approach to taking care of the customer. Merck didn't need a new commercial model but rather a reflective look inside at some of the pioneers like Bill to turn Merck around. As a recent statistic from Merck's reduction in force, I can agree that Bill would have definitely retired rather than put up with the current state of affairs.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J. Usry. He represented everything that was once good, within Merck.