Who do you really miss that has left Merck?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2006 at 5:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Diana Hare. She was a bright rep and good friend. She was never given a fair chance at success with Zetia and Vytorin. I miss her.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I miss me. I'm a rare combination of sales talent and personality no longer existing in this business. Good luck automatons - no talent, no ability, no future.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Marty Carroll. Should've succeeded Vagelos as the next CEO. Instead, its been one disaster after the next.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You've got to be kidding! Dick Markham was being groomed as next in line as CEO but he couldn't keep his peter in his pocket, like many of his protege's. Marty was down the pecking order a bit and his demise was his lack of discipline and ethics in marketing trying to beat Pfizer. We were better off without him, albeit, Ray Gilmartin wasn't much better though a better alternative than Marty Wygod of Medco.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn, you must be one old fart (like me!) to remember Usry. I agree completely, he was one of the good guys we had in the company.
    Jimmy taught me all I ever needed to know about necrotizing fasciitis and nsaids.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me refer you to your BI colleagues for their views on old Marty. You might be surprised and come to understand it wasn't so bad that he left Merck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, can we talk?? The bitter truth is Merck went down the shitter after Vagelos and went down so far that it will likely never ever make it back to the premier level it once enjoyed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mark bowler

9. matt callan

matt callan Guest

meghan fitzgerald

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

renita m - she knew how to make merck fun. now its damn depressing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fred Hassan
    Carrie Cox
    Bob Bertolini

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chuck Ziakas the Weatherman.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I miss being subjected to another "inspiration module" down in Orlando where an artist drawn a picture of Mieg Koerth and we were told to applaud.

I miss then being labeled by her that we were a bunch of incompetent reps after she told us a month earlier this crappy Lipitor would amount to nothing.

I miss the animated Jerry Keller who would get you all inspired, recognized you at a meeting when Merck was smaller, and made you feel someone was on your side.

I miss all those stupid "hair on fire" MVX messages by you know who.

I miss the time when stock options meant real money, not something priced so high that they are really worthless.

I miss the award trips and NMIP points.

I miss those years when wearing a Merck badge meant, "please come on in" until they started the rapid expansion, CEOs more interested in being politicians or hope to become a cabinet member.

I miss my first Merck car, a Chrysler Reliant K which was ugly but it was a company car.

I miss those days when overnight Fed Ex or UPS was rare, US Postal was the norm, not voice mail, no cell phone, no laptop and when we kept paper records of our customers in a box. :) When we could simply store our samples in the garage all year round. When there was no sample police coming by to do an inventory. When we had Gelco checks for expenses. When we used our own credit card for everything and earned all those miles for trips.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dean Steinke

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many islands and farms does Dean own now?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jerry Keller for sure. What a motivator he was.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mention Keller's name and the word integrity comes to mind. That's what sunk Merck when management (for reasons I wish I understood) elected to comprimise their integrity and hence, that of the corporation they represent. With Keller, Vagelos, and the 93-94 mass exodus of band 4 and up, integrity also went out the door at Merck.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just some friends otherwise "NOTHING" went into device sales and during one of the interviews, the manager said Merck "sucks" LOL. Must have felt sorry for me, no more Monday meetings for 3hrs with 3 other reps deciding on which coffee to order, or running the same report 5 different ways to justify a manager's position, add it all up and I'm able to sell an additional 6 hrs/week x 4wks/month=24hrs/month more. And so nice not being micromanaged!! and I did say "Sell"

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keller was great, Vagelos was a liberal idiot with a penchant for bad decision making! I miss folks like Dave Morgan in Houston, 'Oliver' in Shreveport, want to go way back, Wally Greer and Carlos Perez! Merck would not be in the problem it's in now if we still had managers with integrity and region directors that respected that! Most of those leading today were not even OK salesmen, and look at the directors on stage filled with shills! Lay down with dogs and you'll get fleas as a minimum!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no way in hell she would ever be missed. Missing her would be like missing some terminal, inoperable cancer.