Who do you really miss that has left Merck?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2006 at 5:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Walt Maupay, Frank Costner, John Vance, Jack Rieg, Loren aka Bucky, and of course, Jerome K. Those boys weren't perfect but God help us, they were head and shoulders above those filling the overgrown management ranks that we have in place today. Can't wait to exit stage right very soon. Change isn't always good, better, or best as our experience has painfully demonstrated ....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you mean the above to spell INEPT??

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jerry Keller; Jim Gesell; Don Beaman; Gerry Gallivan; Ted Anderson; Carl Glenn;
    Joe Vincent; Jim McClearly; Harold Zfaney; Bob Bachochin; Gerry Goldblatt; Jim Newberry; Bob Koch; Mike Herman; Denny Hanula; Jim Laker

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is still working, what state are you from? I saw him less than 30 days ago. Hospital sales force

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I REALLY miss the Dine-n-Dash !!

What a great way it was to treat family and friends to dinner at the most expensive restaurant in town!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

...people that had a moral compass, integrity, dignity, ethics, tolerance and had vertebrate. Obviously, this excludes the callous, corporate climbers and some (ha, most) of the established upper management in Merck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just heard that Denny Hanula passed away a year ago, July 2009. I wish I had known. Denny would do anything for anyone. God Bless him. Many memories. Many Laughs.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ditto: Jerry Keller

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw Walter Maupay at a Calgon Vestal reunion in October. He doesn't look a day older! Still the same great man! It was very nice to see him!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did he have on a blue blazer with a beer in the pocket while wearing topsiders with no socks!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had the opp to here our new leader this week....OMG...spoke for an hour and did not say a GD thing...How is it these "leaders" get away with reciting what good looks like when they have never been there. It took Timney an hour to totally miss the point...Clinical expertise, customer focus, home grown integrity and good judgement...oh...yeah....What mom taught us in the sand box...This blue blood standing before us driveling off a teleprompter.

Jerry Keller delivered from the heart, inherent decency...and carrying the bag...people management....and a track record. Timney, McMahon, Schecter to name a few have never had to work their way up and be accountable for sales, people management, clinical expertise.....and it shows...empty suits....and lacking the balls to chase the real issues in this org that people at their level should be clearing for us. They cannot do this because they do not have the "in the trenches" experience to recognize the true needs. They are surrounded by ass kissers that tell what they want to hear...therefore our paths forward will not materialize and we will continue to spin in mediocrity....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How depressing.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was thinking the very same thing! Good old Walt. He knew how to feel comfortable.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whatever happened to DB in Okc? I thought I saw him on the street the other day with a smile on his face and he was whistleing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to forget Jim Persson, Joe Diprima, Claude Bjork, and Dave Brennan!
    Chicago, back in the day!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not who but what! The Houston Medical Center office that was so far ahead of its time that there is no humor! Talk about NCM bullshit...that was NCM and very successful...made a bunch of northeastern turds jealous so they dumped the whole bottom line of Tyronne and made him look like a bad guy when he could not support it from his region budget! Those physicians went all over the world from Houston with the greatest concentration bz in the USA and maybe the world! Brainchild of Matt Emmons and one of the best ideas ever..but alas Nat & Jamie could not make it work even with great folks and the ability to positively touch thousands of physicians on a routine basis! The best idea yet from a company with no real imagination and a penchant for running hot and cold! I have a customer who was there and utilized the facility and speaker training and was so impressed with Merck and still likes the company to this day because of that facility! You can still buy, promote and propogate goodwill and make a positive impact of lives in medicine but you can't do it without the real thinkers...Mercks killed all of those!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha! Totally miss Carrie Cox!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck was named Most Admired Corporation by Fortune Mag for 7 years in a row when the company had a nice cadre of Emmens types working for them. When Emmens and many of our other exceptionally talented leaders left, so did Merck's most admired days. I suspect that is no coincidence. Talented management is so critical to a corporation's success. Perhaps Emmens and company saw the writing on the wall for Merck's future and knew when it was time to leave.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nancy Hullihen
    Lou Medina
    Joel Baxter
    Diane Castillas
    From Florida

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hy Melamed, the King of Brooklyn