Who is Hiossen?

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jan 27, 2010 at 4:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see their marketing literature in all of my docs offices, does anyone have any one in their territory using this system? Im in North Jersey

Do they sell biomaterials? or just implants?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They used to be Osstem. For some reason they changed their name. They only sell implants and restorative parts. No bone grafting products. They are cheap knock-offs but in north Jersey they do very well in the Korean areas.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree I work for a janitorial services company in North Jersey that focuses on medical and dental buildings. I see their marketing literature in all of the trash cans that I empty.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting job youhave, You must be an ex-nobel rep. Apparently this is the future career path. Just a minute -your Kevin Mosher aren't you? Won't be long now and you won't be able to see the marketing material fo all the Nobel Implants in the trash can. By the way do the trash cans seal better than the Nobels Vials?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They do have biomaterials, xenograft and an HA product, if you can speak Korean I would recommend taking the job, otherwise you will have no idea whats going on

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your racist...so you would agree that if you worked for a company such as MIS or ID you would have to speak Islamic in order to understand them?? Hmmm, I wonder if there is a strict dress code..yamakas and peyos only apply?

So what part of north jersey do you work in? Kevin is it?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that he was the Italian Iron Chef......he was fierce in Kitchen Stadium

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MIS and ID are run by Jews, so "speaking Islamic" would kinda backfire on you. I will concede that speaking Hebrew is a big plus, and yes, yamaka's don't hurt in the Bronx either.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have spoken to the few English speaking American/Caucasians that work there and frankly if you are not Korean you do not have a chance. The business model of giving away products and not being able to approach non Korean speaking doctors with anything to offer is what they are trying to do, one of my clients tells me that about every week or so the rep is there trying to sell implants to him even though he does already have them - what good does that do- in all my dealings with Korean companies I have never once felt like there was any real progress or trust that could be established in partnering with them- they will intentionally tell me they do not understand something just so they can talk in front of me basically speaking about me or my products instead of just opening up and really trying to work as a team- Hiossen is not long for the US market- which is a very good thing

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

horrible, horrible customer service, do english speaking people even work for this company? it would be a good idea to hire some

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ewoo is the same. They hire all Koreans, and they think that American doctors will be able to understand highly technical terms and concepts spoken with hard to understand Korean accents. Sure, lets hear from all the liberals who call it racist. I spend a bunch of money, I want support in my native language, English. Clear, easy to understand English.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haha, too funny! The only relashionship that you have had with Koreans is the rub and tug in paterson.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just because Hiossen stole your account doesnt mean that you need to make up lies like the customer service is bad..your just hoping it is. I'm sorry to tell you but the customer service is good and there are a ton of Americans working with the company. The Korean speaking reps only deal with Korean doctors most of the time. And guess what? There is a huge market out there :) You guys really have no clue? Why do you even care? And no we don't give products away..what reps have you talked to? None------

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a rep only board! Get off, we don't want you feedback

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Proof that English is the second language at each and every Korean Dental Company in the US. Suggestion:Learn the language, learn to write proper English, learn about the US marketplace, and learn some manners. Until then, quit embarassing yourself and your heritage by writing such jibberish on this or any other blog.

PS. If your product and service are so good why do you leave so much money on the table with each and every deal you cut?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only person who should be embarassed is you! Try to explain to your boss why you have been losing out and stop begging your doctors to buy! Get off you knees you beggar! We don't want to hear your crap on this board so shut the F up! Get over it and go do your job!

P.S. Stop trying to figure it out..you will never know

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry but it is a race and cultural thing. There are approximately 5-8 Korean Implant Companies attempting to market in the US. They have a few things in common and they are:
    1. Not one of them has ever had an original idea or design. They strictly reverse engineer, knock off, and sell at the lowest possible price to get the business. And in most cases will give free product away to try to garner market share. They have destroyed the Koren Market by continuosly swapping their product for another Korean Companies product until it got to a point that noone ever generated any revenue.
    2. Their entree into the US Market has been haphazzard at best. Hell Hiossen/Osstem has been attempting to manufacture product for over 3 years now in PA. Not sure they have yet to produce a saleable product.
    3.They have little to know knowledge of FDA regulations and probably don't care. They sell until they get caught. At least one of them has recalled product because of a lack of documentation backing up their quality system and products.
    4. The Korean American Dentist is their common battleground. They will literally fall all over themselves to get their business. Why, because they can speak Korean to these individuals. Honestly, these particular Dentists play them like a fiddle and could actually not purchase product for years as each company will swap each others out to get the account.
    5. They have no concept of professional decorum. They will rudely interupt a conversation or appointment in order to make a sale or keep an account. Go to a KADA(Korean American Dental Association) Meeting sometime and watch the antics it is both humorous and sad.
    6. English is and always will be the second language. Check out their English version websites. These sites are atrocious!
    7. They have no concept of US Labor laws and are an HR nightmare.

You would think they would follow the lead of such companies well run Korean Companies, operating in America, such as LG, Samsung, and Hyundai.These Companies Get IT!!!!! Until then, they will only continue to be viewed as the knock-off, price cutting artists that they are in the Dental Marketplace.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get you facts straight r*****!

19. Seth Rosen

Seth Rosen Guest

We are in SE PA. HiOssen is gobbling up market share like I've never seen. On the pro side: they have a great product line that is very well valued. The implants work very well and the line seems to be complete. They offer very nice discount self-financed packages at 0% interest, so it makes it an easy sale.
    cons: they are Korean. They use an "asian" mentality when it comes to management. The base pay is very low and they have been known to delay paying commission checks. They are also known for paying the wrong amount in commissions. Women are seen as inferior. You will not receive praise for a job well done.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Korean company?