Who is our CEO

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by anonymous, Sep 4, 2019 at 5:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone really know who our CEO is and what his beliefs are?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I am assuming you mean what are the tenants that make up his character and not his name and religious affiliation. Dave Ricks believes in money. He has to, he is the CEO and that is his job. I don’t think anyone who is posting in this site would really know him so this is a bad place to look. Try google I heard that’s a good site.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks Dave for the heads up. You took the stock from the $50,s to over 100. You also reduced the sales force of all old farts over 48 years old with the highest salaries. I’d say this is rock star implementation. Just quit all the experiments with this diversity bull crap and qui the LGTB crap and Lilly’s will continue to grow. I’ll check out google as requested

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dave's big break was in Canada. He was a marketing director when ex-Finance uber kid Jeff Henderson was the general manager in Canada. Jeffie left the company when he learned that Derica Rice would be promoted CFO after Charlie Golden retired. Ricks was promoted to Canada CFO after Henderson resigned. Then Ricks' career caught fire. He was promoted to the GM of China and was there less than 18 months. Then he was promoted to VP of Lilly USA. Steve Fry was the HR leader of Lilly USA. Together they restructured, slashing jobs. Then Ricks was promoted to President of Biomeds, then finally CEO of the company. Pretty impressive. My 401k balance is up over 50% since I retired several years ago, so I'm not complaining.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's probably not a good idea to use Steve Fry and leader in the same sentence.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do know Davey believes in plastic surgery. Next week during the “ State of Lilly” Conference, take a look at his eyes! He’s definitely had some surgery done as well as maybe a little lift!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Employment lawyers....take note.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ummm... do you think Dave Ricks would be caught dead on this site? And is 48 plus an old fart as you say? Maybe you are right and we should just roll with straight, white, millennials like yourself. Great idea. Oh by the way I had one of those millennial brand team people tell me the other day that they have an MBA in marketing. I asked where is they attended and they told me it was a Lilly mba. Yea,so that’s what we are working with.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, when you are looking at the cost of Pensions and health care anyone that makes it to 50,s is going to be extremely costly to any corporation that has this OLD Fart on the books. It is all about saving corporate expenses and the pension is very costly. Young Diversity Buck, you will never get there.You will be with 4 companies before age 55.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love Dave. He has gutted the useless LRL organization, which has developed less than nothing over the years despite tens of billions invested. I guess it did help build many Carmel, IN housing developments so not a total waste.

I fondly recall seeing him making out with another DM at the 2002 diabetes meeting in Chicago. I've seen many strange things at the Big Bar at the Hyatt...many strange things indeed.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

only question was it a he or a she??

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah. Well. Maybe if the company paid for Master's degrees instead of the "Lilly" degree the company would benefit from correctly investing in it's employees

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who was the DM he was making out with? Dave has too clean of a record for anyone to believe it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another DM. I can't remember her name. Long time ago.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the culture and morale at Lilly has plummeted since Dave Ricks came over....he is the reason for micro-managing, hiring only young black college graduates, not diverse, must hire black millennial's. Lilly managers have quotas to meet and only recruit from black colleges...forget being Asian, Indian, Hispanic etc....all thanks to D.R....yet he is a white, middle aged man. go figure.

our products are amazing but our goals are absorbed, we compete with ourselves and our "alliance" partners...too bad he hasn't killed that contract. We have over-priced refrigerators when the normal ones worked fine, non-functional coolers to wheel around offices (when the Walmart ones were awesome) and unrealistic call per day goals (that they MAKE us fake to reach their reach and call numbers) Oh, and lovely TRUCE to keep us safe while we drive our stripped down Chevy...appreciative for a company car but if safety is the goal why don't we have automated trunks since we open and shut them 10 plus times a day. People don't come first...

I think the Lilly under John L was the Lilly employees miss and compare our current state of AOC management too...thanks to the European Leadership that came over and then quickly left we do get to do Yoga at work and have a summer shut down...we will all miss Suzs!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who was the dm Dave made out with?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i mean ,, i know his home address ??

tbf, this is a very open-ended question, but i think the best judge of his character is this one quote from an interview when asked his favorite spot(s) in monopoly:

"Tennessee, New York and St. James—the orange ones right near the Free Parking. I like those because everyone always lands on them. I’m a capitalist. I like customers.•"