Who is the worst manager you have ever worked for past or present?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poster #844, you are absolutely correct! She is awful! She swoops in on her broom holding a hatchet and next thing you know heads have rolled! How many has she cut off now? Seven, eight? Lost count. Her boss is horrible too. Why doesn’t HR ever look at her as the problem instead of her people. No one can have “that many” problem reps!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK has gone to hell in a handbag! Talk about a company with the worst management. No one respects a company that manages people out on lies. They get rid of anyone with a mind that might be questioning their unethical behaviours. I really don't know how this so called management sleeps at night. Spot on with the above posters- females (puppets) in charge with something to prove to people. Don't ask anyone to respect you and work hard for you -when you treat your employees like crap. Any person looking at a position with GSK-think twice. They do not promote from within either. There is not one person who works for any of the above mentioned that is happy. All I can say- karmas a bitch- what goes around comes around. Every person that has left GSK can't believe how much better they can be treated-imagine being treated like an adult with a brain- wow !!! They will most likely get bought by someone in the near future-pipeline sucks. Pay stinks as well. Run far away-way better companies out there!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Man! Spot on! Every day we all wonder how things can get any worse and then they do!! For a company that claims that culture is so important, they don’t set a good example! “Female puppets” is an accurate description of this so called leadership! HA! Serving a higher up that tries to bark out orders like he’s still in the military! You can’t run a corporation and especially a sales unit like a general! Stifles every bit of selling mojo! Instead of spending hundreds of thousands on this STEM project why don’t they hire a consulting firm to get the culture on the right track?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem with these FLL/SLL is they simply do not have a solution, they don’t help, Coach, get out and sell etc...they only know one thing, point the finger at their reps, claim they are not performing and then force them out to kiss the SLL ass...here is a question for the FLL, like Angie, what happens when you run out of GSK reps to fire??? That’s right they fire your dumb ass because they can get a rent-a-manager from Syneos to approve expense reports and sit at home and tell the upper level management they are great. Good luck with that, Karma is a bitch and it’s coming!!’

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JJ in biologics

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I strongly second this. She is awful and make poor hires. Teacher's pet.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

E Krambuttholer in biological div in Ohio. What a douche!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AD- truth hurt? You had the posts about you removed? Maybe you better self examine your inner being if it does. You’ve hurt many others but get butthurt when others call you out?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KL and AD - now this is some duo. Not one person under them has any respect for them. KL had several reps fired in Chicago and I heard there is some class action law suit. AD falsifies work contacts reports and fires them. Imagine asking people to work hard for you when they see everything you have done and all the good decent people you’ve gotten rid of - what a joke !!! No trust anywhere in this company ! AD gets rid of one and moves on to someone else - she’s always has someone on the chopping block to it looks like she’s doing her job. No backbone and horrible manager

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is happening because the FVP is requiring it. Stop getting mad at your managers. The FVPs require this type of behavior. It is kill or be killed.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

She has since moved on to L.A. and doing the same thing. Was a manager in Chicago less than 6 months and a manager in LA less than 6 months and somehow wins Winners Circle - WTF . If she is riding you hard compare your feedback to someone else she is doing the same to , it will be almost exactly the same . She has no idea what she is doing , so to compensate she just bullies people.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fear based culture is working? Hmmm then why is Anoro so far behind plan and Trelegy hasn’t been as successful as GSK wanted? Yes GSK is still profitable but why are they “mulling exiting the Respiratory business “. I’ll tell you why; it’s not as profitable as other business units. Respiratory is a volume based business unit and every year GSK needs more than sales can deliver to stay profitable. They want to make it look good and sell it off soon! They’d get more out of sales reps if everyone wasn’t afraid of their shadow!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is beyond me why they think fear based management works and I don't understand how they think this is a healthy or effective working environment. It is like an abusive relationship. Constant threatening sell, sell, sell or else........
    This fear based management style may be ultimately driven by the FVP's but the managers could still treat people with respect, but they don't. They manage good people out with lies and don't stand up for what is right. Not sure how they sleep at night. Are the managers just unethical people too or they managed by fear as well?
    Managers are not held accountable at all. The only blame I have seen is at the rep level.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True FLL, point the finger at anyone but yourself, BS! Stand up for yourself and the people you manage, errrrr I mean the people you approve expense reports for and then make up false claims to run them off, complete chickens*** if that’s the response....FVP and FLL have no soul and know deep down in their hearts they CANNOT be a successful manager in a real sales role. I can’t wait for there to be no one left to fire and they come for your ass! Hope there is some money left for severance, be careful Karma is coming!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have no idea who AD is but he/she sounds like a nightmare. How many reps have been terminated under him/her?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JJ wins the award as the worst manager in the history of GSK and its not even close

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I beg your pardon, but it’s AD hands down!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JJ - horrible, clueless, bully and bent on getting tenured people out. She has a bias. Steer clear- she is ruthless and lies! But she gets rewarded with a 1! Worthless and a disgrace to GSK!