Who is the worst manager you have ever worked for past or present?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously a bunch of former strippers, and Hooter's waitresses now ruining, I mean running the show.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I remember this clown. He once told me I should “hate” competitive reps with a searing passion and let this motivate me to crush them. He told me to never speak to them and give them evil looks in an effort to intimidate them. Then he would ramble on about his climbing experiences and what a competition junkie he is. Very strange dude.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hands down Fink.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I had the best manager in CA. Such an amazing motivator, simply the best manager ever. It’s just beautiful how well the employees are treated. No rumors about the FLL ever, no they didn’t sleep with anyone to get promoted. Every single representative adores them! I agree with the company with the fact that people come and go isn’t the FLL fault. The spouse is one lucky person, dealing with a lying, manipulative, bipolar person is the best. So excited to see you next Tuesday.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any manager who panics over 1 week data or even 4 week data.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The last post nailed it! Unfortunately you just described 80% of our FLL team. And that's the problem! They have created a knee-jerk stressed out management style and try to say that this is motivating. Let's change this thread and list names or initials of above average / great managers. Watch how short that list is.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At least a stripper would be fun to hang out with; all I see are insecure, narcissistic, incompetent women with no life outside of GSK.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And that's the worst type of sale manager. Specifically women who are unattached. And I'm not kidding about my next observation. Whenever a woman between the ages of 30 & 55 do not get laid on a regular basis, they channel their pent up frustration into micro-managing nit picking where no one can do anything right. We've all seen it and experienced this type of manager. For some reason, after menopause they are able to see a bit more clearly. Call me whatever you want, but I speak the truth!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm a woman and kinda agree with that observation. Not all women behave this way, but have had two who fit he description you gave.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Make Believe ( Dr) J P in WI.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Part of the problem at GSK , her sole focus is to get people that look like her promoted, regardless of whether they deserve the promotion or not.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I so hate that "not getting laid" analogy..Maybe being a single woman and the fear of being homeless is the driving force of her proclivities (women worry about that issue number one 100%). There's no husband to fall back on heck perhaps NOBODY so they take their corporate directions very seriously..perhaps TOO SERIOUSLY but innate fear has a way of doing that to a person. If she's in her mid 40's-50's heck yes hormones can make you a little coo coo.. All the #$%^ in the world ain't gonna change that. Sheesh.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Homelessness with college educated women in the U.S. is minuscule. That's an argument that my have held water back in 1950 but not in 2020. Have you noticed the amount of women in leadership at our company? Can you say "affirmative action"? Additionally, what's the difference of being a single man or woman in the workforce? Both have similar worries. Who would the single man fall back on? And while the person who mentioned not getting laid as a reason for irritability, there may be just a hint of truth behind that. Not necessarily the sex but not having a partner..without that ,women, in my experience, tend to micro- manage. I have had many women tell me that they prefer a male boss. Have been told this both at work and in private. So let's cut the BS. Lastly, I've had great female and male managers and I've had crappy ones. Without exception, the crappy managers were single women.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So single men not getting laid..are they crappy managers? Of course not in your book.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have had both good and bad managers during my time at GSK, both male and female. I don’t give a rat’s ass whether or not they are getting laid. That’s their problem. It’s irrelevant. I want someone who is qualified to manage people and lead by example. Leaders inspire and motivate. Leaders trust their people to make the right decisions and support them when they are facing challenges. How often do you see that happening these days? Not at all. Most of the current crop of “leaders” here will throw anyone under the bus to make themselves look good. That’s not leadership; it’s cowardice. Either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY. Sadly, most of the managers presently at GSK just simply get in the way of our business.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well stated! Yes, GSK does not have "leaders" they have "managers" with egos that are out of control. A corporate culture is most influenced by leaderships decisions. Look at GSK's r culture and you can see what that means. I happened to work for ViiV. What an awesome culture! Making billions of dollars with employees who have energy, positivity and an unparalleled mission. Then, GSK began to infiltrate. Slowly adopting GSK's toxicity. Sad on so many levels.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#175 nailed it. Matt Burke.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah good old Matt. Got millions of $ in whistle-blower payout after being fired from GSK for telling us to sell off label. One of the greatest D...s to ever work in pharma.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That’s right got millions! Parlayed that into more millions. I have a sweet chuckle every time I wait in line at the bank. Enjoying traveling the world, fine dining, new Citation X, the fastest private jet available, really gets you were you wanna get in a hurry. You know flying from East to West coast commercially takes all day, not so in my new jet. 4 hours coast to coast. Yep I’m a D, but a rich one at that.