Who made it/Who was cut?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Nov 26, 2017 at 8:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One week from Monday thread to grow. Please post your division, gender, age, race, salary - we can see what the trends are:

I am female, 55, hospital, 20 years white, base salary ? I will post that next week - good luck and hope you land elsewhere if you are separated from Merck.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bob McMahon. 62, I made it. Salary, bonus and options over a $1,000,000

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look at the person on your left. Now look at the person on your right. They're both gone.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am still here and having a great time processing January terminations. Life is grand!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry babe, I opted out to have some control over my life. Its been a long haul since these layoff started, and the hospital team used to be the place to be but everything we did that was fun and rewarding has been put in the PC dumper and now its going to be like a micromanaged shit hole of a work environment. NO thank you. It was a good run and I appreciate all Merck has allowed me to do, but time to get off this train. best to you all, would love to hear how the new work environment is!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. (wish Cafe Pharma had a "like" button.) I am doing the same; 30 years in Pharma, nice pension, nice severance package. Relieved I do not have to sit in marketing meetings with 20 somethings; go on field rides with a 30 year old manager, ...BTW name one other industry where employees are reviewed on a monthly or biweekly basis. Field Trip reports are basically mini reviews where managers document what you did right and what you need to improve on, just like a review. Had enough of that. For all the haters out there, I have had an over performing territory for many years; launched over 10 NME's, 2 first in class products... Good luck to all. So happy I am out.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know of one with weekly reviews: Professional football

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tom Lyon here, I made the cut! Thanks for asking

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nobody cares. Most want you gone. We all know Bob McMahon looks out for you.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now a days, boys have a vagina, girls have a penis

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Men have to bend over and take it because in most cases we are the main breadwinners. Many women are the second income and can be more aggressive, and brassy and get away with more because of all the legal protection they have. Others cry the “single mom” tale of woe is me.
    My manager couldn’t fire a despicable, lazy, lying, cheating female rep because she threatened him with sexual harassment claims if he did. With a wife, family and mortgage, and 20 yrs in this hell hole, he had to let her win. Sad state of affairs in Pharma.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma rep is a 'good' job... it use to be a "Great" Career but that 20 years ago

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CA Rep here. Life has never been better. I got a raise and life is good. It’s a good thing my manager loves me. I keep her happy

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's the new thing. Me too, me too, me too. Maybe if they behaved better they would not be single to begin with. I could are less if she has a mortgage and kids. That is not my problem. I will not speak with a female unless there is someone else in the room. Look what happened to all those innocent men. They got railroaded. It's funny because now we will not hire them in the first place. It's the welfare line for them. Why take a chance one someone when they could destroy your career for no reason. They all love to team up on innocent men. Also they need to take a joke. No sense of humor.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's it. Your time is up.