Who made the launch team

Discussion in 'Ranbaxy' started by Anonymous, Oct 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So who made it and who didn't.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I did.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Who made the launch team?

I did, along with a group that has lots of derm experience. LOTS. ! See you in florida!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enjoy!!! In 6 months you'll be looking for another job, if not sooner. If you got a nice salary, expect higher quotas and higher pressure. Bonus? Don't wait for a big check. Ranbaxy doesn't expect to pay any.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your just jealous and bitter. You must not have gotten hired for the new team. Sorry about that!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have the offer but still am debating. What convinced you guys? I am at a fairly stable job but this is a signifiant pay increase. I dont want to take it and be out of a job in 6 mo to a year. THOUGHTS?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm taking it. Sounds like a great opportunity

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the pharma landscape has changed a great deal in the last decade and continues to... Now, ALL pharma, big and small are "contract" like. Pharma companies will expand to take advantage of of an approval or acquisition, and "shrink" when threatened. So "fairly stable" is about as good as you can expect. We are are truly pawns in this game, so choose based on as much knowledge as you can get, and choose a specialty thats more accessable,(DERM) and a DM thats REAL, nice, and not on a power trip. Hope that helps.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks - I realize is is something I just need to decide. I can stay where I am at and be "secure" OR I can take the risk and make more money (probably about 15k/year more) than what I make..just debating whats worth it. I wonder what the culture and work ethic are like.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just received word today! Home study in a week, Florida in November.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask to speak to any Ranbaxy rep and they will tell you to run as fast as you can. No bonus, no job security. More so than any other pharm job. The culture is the worst. Everybody would be gone if the economy was better, declining jobs in pharm etc. They have churned and burned thru so many reps it's laughable. To leave a company, any company to come here, is a gigantic mistake. ONLY take this job if you are unemployed and desperate.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I DID speak the Ranbaxy rep in my territory. He has been there a long time, and is happy.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoke to several Reps. No complaints. Generics are here to stay.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He is happy because he can stay here, and doesn't have to go back to India!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And maybe the dumb English douche can go back home too. It's amazing he still has a job. Oh well. Since no one else will hire him.....guess we're the lucky ones!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take the job and save the money. Do as many dinner and lunch programs so you can save on the meals. Also, expense as many items from your home as possible as office needs. Anyway, good luck working for the Indians.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know who you are talking about. You were speaking to the exception and not the rule. Feedback is one-way with this company. They are very secretive about the decisions they make and they make a lot of bad ones. Management from the DMs all the way up to Andy make their decisions based on their personal opinion of you, so your career is based on how much you agree with the bad choices they make, no matter how obviously bad they are.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How are the new managers? Rumor has it there's a loose cannon on board.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm pretty sure I know who that is! It wasn't hard to figure it out at the launch meeting. I've heard a couple interesting things about a few people on her team.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

please elaborate...