Who uses sales aids in oncology?

Discussion in 'Oncology' started by Anonymous, Jun 23, 2010 at 6:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Do you use “sales aids” in oncology?

Poll closed Aug 7, 2010.
  1. Never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Seldom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Often

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Almost Always

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I trying to get a grasp for how many oncology reps uses "sales aids".

Never

Seldom

Often

Almost Always

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ALWAYS!

If you are one of the 35 Novartis Oncology Reps within 1 pod you all use sales aids because the company no longer pays you a bonus on numbers-we are ranked on how many pages of the visual aid we used and by the Target RX numbers reported to the company.

What a joke this has become.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you use a sales aid of any sort you don't belong in Oncology and I would ask you to leave!

Clinical papers are one thing but the Madison Ave glossy's are a NO GO!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats crap. Did 11 years in oncology and the Madison glossy attitude by reps makes them feel somehow more clinical. Truth is a sales aid can more clearly represent the data than a reprint. Who wants to strain to look at a tiny graph on a reprint? True, the slick marketing is a waste of time, but if it is data blown up on a sales aid, I'll use it every time.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would if I could but I barely ever get in front on doctors anymore!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A nasty little truth that nobody wants to deal with at all.

It unnerves me that companies don't see this and that when they do, there answer is to try things without sales reps like online detailing, etc.

They take all the selling tools away and then get pissed when selling isn't happening. Is the doctor supposed to interrupt his day simply because I have a charming personality because that's about all I have to offer now. No new data, no new indications, no reprints, not even a fricking plastic pen. Then I have to ride along with a manger and a lawyer which doesn't excite them at all. So, why not cancel doing lunches and kick us out of entire hospital systems? They can still get all the grant money they want so who cares.

But I digress.