Who will be the first whistleblower at Myriad Neuro/Assurex?

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by anonymous, May 11, 2019 at 11:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is interesting that two millennium employees are fighting over who was first to file a false claims act against Millennium. Nonetheless, Millennium paid out a ton of money for it.

1st Circuit switches big false claims award from one whistleblower to another | Josh Borsellino | Texas Trial Lawyer

I wonder who will be the first to blow the whistle on the unethical practices at Myriad Neuroscience? We all know that every kid with ADHD needs a Psychotropic report, right? And that doesn't even touch the iceberg of all of the medicare fraud going on.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After today’s call I will guess the first MSC that starts to feel any sort of pressure.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kenyon and Jeff B here - Now that we have taken away your ability to ask doctors to fraudulently add the Psych panel to a 5 year olds test, lets get back to going after that fraudulent Medicare business. Time to switch focus from one type of unethical practice to another. We have to stay one step ahead.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is a sinking ship

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just a warning to all field reps. If you care about credibility with your customers, don't go out and defend the companies decision to pull ADHD and Analgesic. Don't spew the company's lie with a smile on your face.

Because the reason they are giving isn't what happened and it is going to come out sooner than you think. This was not a proactive decision by Myriad. It was a reactive forced decision. All you have to do is follow the history or Myriad to see how many times they have been investigated for over billing practices. That is what happened here. Yes, I know.

If you toe the company line now with your customers, you are going to lose all credibility when it hits the media that they company is being sued for billing practices.

Don't lose the most important attribute you can have with your customers because those may be the same customers you are calling on in your next job. This company doesn't care at all about you or they wouldn't feed you a line of complete non-sense on why this decision was made.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kenyon

You said in your email today that we need to be more transparent with our customers and ensure they understand our rationale and approach to PGx and the supporting data.

Do you not understand that it is impossible for MSCs to be transparent with their customers when you haven't been transparent with us about the rationale?

Please add this into the SD updated FAQs each day. I challenge you to speak to this statement that I got from a customer because this is what every MSC and RBM want to know the answer to. This is what every single one of us is talking about as we communicate.

Statement from Customer.....
    "There is no way that you are being truthful in your reasoning for why this was done. No competent business is going to make a business decision to make that hasty of a move just because they now believe in the science. So I am not believing that for one minute."

So put that in the FAQs. How do we talk to that?

The answer is 1 of 2 things. Which is it?
    1. You are lying to all of the MSCs, RBMs, etc. In which case, it is impossible to be transparent with our customers.
    2. You randomly decided walking through the halls on a Thursday afternoon at 3 pm that the Science now mattered and that the company just couldn't have these panels on the market for a second longer. It was so important to do this in that exact moment that you didn't even want to run analytics and roll out a plan for how it would impact the lives of 150+ employees that MV says he cares about.

So which is it? Are you lying to us or are is the business unit really that incompetent. Because I have customers that want to know.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is spot on....Also, the FAQs discuss keeping the HLA genes because there is pharmacogenomic language with 2 of the products. Many of the Analgesic meds also have pharmacogenomic language. How come that isn't good enough for that panel??

Once we find out the true reason for this, and we will, something drastic needs to be done immediately. If we are about to be sued like one of the above posters stated than all the Neuroscience Execs need to lose their jobs and some of the Myriad people too because I'm sure they know about this as well. You will be better off being honest with us now. Every email that comes out with more bullshit, whether its from MV, JB, Kenyon, or Marketing makes me want to work even less.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KS, I know this has been a very difficult way for you to start a new position. A lot has been thrown at you quickly. But can the sales team please ask you for one favor? This would really go a long way.

In your email today, you ask for our help with a few items and one such thing was "Lean into the objections and be confident with the organization's decision to removed ADHD/Analgesic."

Please, we implore you to stop with this kind of rhetoric. How are we supposed to be confident in the decision when we don't even know why the decision was made?

You are asking us to be confident when the leaders themselves said just a few days ago that "we don't have a good answer for you" when asked about the abrupt timing. So they don't have a good answer, but you are asking us to in front of our customers?

Stop!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Likely you are:

1. An underperforming employee

2. Crying because you spent too much time selling to pediatricians

which one is it? both?

Elevate your efforts to find a new job. I'm sure your new employer will love your attitude. Keep whining, that will help.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aww, you are one of those naive simple minded people. Good for you. I bet you believe they pulled the tests overnight "because of the science," don't you? I also bet you would have posted the exact same kind of post had you been an employee at Enron, Pfizer (Neurontin), Millennium (see what started this thread). A good toe the line employee that is incapable of objective thought.

I am glad you are a top performer! Keep up the good work!

You are right about one thing. I do need to find a new job and I am working on it. I don't like companies that lie to their employees and customers.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Myriad was in process of receiving a warning letter from FDA similar to the one received by Inova in April. Someone from FDA let executives know this was imminent. To avoid that, the ADHD and Analgesic panels were pulled immediately. This was a better course of action than what transpired at Inova where the products mentioned by the FDA in its warning letter were pulled reactively. However, the company should have been more transparent regarding reasoning for abrupt change.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anybody out there know whats happening with the FDA's request to change our report? Getting a bit worried...it looks like several PGX labs no longer list medications on their report...are we next?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reports would be all but worthless without the medications on the report. The FDA is out of line on this.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is one of the dumbest things I have read in a long time on cafepharma. That is hard to do.

So a clinician that has even an ounce of intelligence wouldn't be able to find value in knowing a patient was a poor 2D6 metabolizer? You think that information is "all but worthless?" Really?

Tell that to a 2C19 ultra rapid metabolizer that gets put on Plavix.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed, the information in the reports is still very valuable without medications being referenced. That being said, sadly most clinicians don't know the primary pathways of most psych meds and will need to take the time to look them up based on their patient's report. Also sadly, a lot of physicians simply won't take the time to do this and will stop ordering altogether. I do agree the the FDA is overstepping in their request to remove meds for all PGX reports (even meds that have specific dosing/pgx guidelines in the FDA label on the med). Its going to be a shit show for a lot of physicians.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am just ready to hear back what the fda says

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems that people are starting to jump ship at Myriad NeuroScience
    Top managers and reps

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because the place sucks.. Lying executive team that doesn't give a shit about anything other than raking in as many medicare orders as possible before the ship goes down.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you know there are issues when managers are leaving.
    Michigan, Georgia, Indiana.
    All successful and leave!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

looking at a NeuroScience position at Myriad. Any advice? Good opportunity?