Who's next to leave?

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Jul 27, 2017 at 12:56 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Potential hire here. Getting conflicting messages. I can’t find much online about Lundbeck pipeline. Am I missing something?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

PIPELINE??? hahahahahahahaha!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The ONLY drug in the pipeline is still a number.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are real you should take this job only if it is going to take you to a location you wish to be, or to get orphan drug experience. If you have a secure job now stay there. I like my position here at Lundbeck, but in one year ONFI will be no more. Trust your gut.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, you are not missing anything because we have NO pipeline. The only drug we have is still a number, and it will be years before the FDA even reviews it. If you want hand-holding micromanaging managers, an unrealistic 8 calls per day, ridiculous quotas, no future because we have NO pipeline, no CEO, a definite reorg next year, then come on aboard.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lets be real, this company has had unprecedented turnover in the last year. Record profit and you can't retain your people. That tells you the wheels fell off the wagon. Many of us have not made more than we did 10 years ago and this is supposed to be a specialized job. Somehow we adjust prices of medicines by 3-5% twice a year without any notice to the field yet we get paltry raises annually.

unfortunately those in the upper "leadership" roles have done nothing material to address the financial impact of losing all these people. The lack of vision and urgency at the top tells us all we need to know. By generic onfi in 2018 about 50% of neuro positions will be vacant or less than 1 year experience. The layoff packages will be cheap and the new ceo can laugh to the bank with the low cost of the restructuring package they offer.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But all the clowns on stage at the POA told us to trust them. They did the right thing in the past. I have been looking for some time. I keep praying i get the call i need soon.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Add constant field rides to your list. I was talking with a researcher today, and this person said you can forget about Rex and the agitation indication as well as PTSD. This person really didn't have an clue what 35700 was! Think about it, nothing new coming out for many years, so we dance with AM, Rex, Northera and Trin. We still have way too many managers and RBD's for our size. You can bet your ass when the new CEO gets here, he will do the same thing Kare did, and that's bring out the hatchet.

Watch closely as 2018 begins. You will then see what total desperation can and will do to a company.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I for one am grabbing the popcorn.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree. As opportunities open up with other companies, more Lundbeck sales people will leave, and the pace will likely quicken as we get into 2018. Once it's realized by all that we are not going to get the Trin cognition label change or any of the Rex applied for indications, even the most blindly loyal people will wake up and finally see the light and do what they know they have to do. Onfi's patent loss will be the final nail in the coffin. And as others have said on here, the real unknown factor will be how many people will be fired when the new CEO takes over. Got to get that bottom line up you know!

We have good people at Lundbeck. As far as products go, AM with it's new BP indication should be ok. Trin and Rex, not so much with the market being 99% generic. Northera has a lot of reimbursement problems, and generic Onfi coming soon. It will all be up to our new CEO as to what course we take. Then we have Trump ready to come after us as well. My guess, and of course it's only my guess, is that radical changes will happen in 2018, and turnover will increase dramatically. If you are not looking to make a change, you will likely regret it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait until Adamas raids the Lundbeck sales force. Pop your popcorn, and put on extra butter

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Adamas website shows only one drug being sold now and two in phase two trials--coinicidentally it is the same drug in trials looking for two new indications. Sounds a lot like Lundbeck.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

adamas is just another company trying to find its way. early 2018 expect to see the up and coming companies looking to expand poaching more from lundbeck

while it may seem bleak right now, this restructuring will not occur until T1 2019

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The new CEO is going to have to make cuts early on if he/she doesn’t want to see the stock crater. Something has to offset continued generic/branded erosion of Xenazine and loss of payer access for psych brands.

So, so, so, boned. Have fun.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why not just dump the psych franchise that costs us more than they bring in thanks to the awful partnerships that were negotiated and then the company would remain profitable with neuro.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because neuro has no patents or shal I say profitable patents. There are problems on both sides of the business. Psych has the patents and terrible ROI with partnerships but neuro is losing the patents. There are problems on both sides of the business. Both are in trouble but for different reasons. Something will happen here when is the question.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With nothing in the pipeline, Lundbeck could always go back to its roots and start selling vacuum cleaners again.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Foundation will likely need to divest this dumpster fire. Their best hope is to try to get pennies on the dollar while their psych products still have patent life. The property in Valby also has value.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This may not be to far from the truth. A few months ago I read the foundation sold shares and has a certain percent as a public company. The new blurb did not get into a lot of specifics

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's an interesting piece of news that I must've missed. If I had to guess, there are two ways this could possibly go:

1) Lundbeck reaffirms commitment to Neurology and seeks to buy a company or pipeline of assets to fill its own. A company like Acadia seems to really fit the bill. An approved parkison's product on the market along with a number of psychiatric products in the pipeline...could be something interesting. This way, Lundbeck gets a bump in arm and fills its pipeline with products. Neurology has another product in its bag and everyone is happy...except for Lundbeck's purses...but what the heck...it's only a dream.

2) I think Lundbeck could potentially sell off the US neuro side and take the cash to buy something for the psych side where they really seem to believe they have R&D competencies in doing. I can't see many really diving in to pay a premium for a failure of a product, but maybe someone like Acadia would like a product in the second position and could make a play. Seems far fetched...but if I were a new CEO and assessing all opportunities, this might be on the table.

Either way, the company needs to do something...and something drastically IMO.