Why Amgen culture sucks

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jun 1, 2017 at 2:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These group texts are very annoying.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"So-and-so on the team reach out on weekends, you should take a page out of their book..."
    No thanks, I like having a life outside of this place. Culture is going to shit and the more they try to course-correct, the worse it gets.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's like quicksand, my manager keeps encouraging us to share the dumbest things on the group chat. No thanks, I have real friends with whom I do that. Can we do our jobs without being pressured into participating in bitmoji exchanges with our team?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hate all Amgen CLPs. Just entitled little pricks.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even worse are the graduates of the Leadership Development Program. It's a pipeline issue. The only way to get in the program is to play the Amgen emoji game and kiss up. Then you graduate after training by Amgen cult members and you come out knowing that performance doesn't matter, but how you frame up your kiss up does. The best leaders at Amgen are informal. The worst are the LDP drones.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like someone a little salty they were not chosen for the LDP Program...always will be jealous haters

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dead Sea level salty

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Give me an A. Give me a M. Give me a G.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is and will always be a third rate oncology company.

It's place to go to from primary care big pharma to get some "oncology" experience.

For the vast majority of our history we have been a supportive care company - not a therapeutic oncology and trust me there is a huge difference.

What we have here are people not good enough to get recruited away to the high paying biotechs, expired leftovers from the GCSF days, or new/young people getting oncology experience with hopes of moving on.

The good reps almost always leave, the not so good reps almost always stay.

That is why we have a terrible culture...C- players hiring D players.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is the OP. This post is spot-on and I approve of it.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

get with the program skippy

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

why are our paystubs so confusing with so many suspicious deductions? I called payroll and they didn’t have a clue. My accountant didn’t have any answers either. Anyone know what’s going on?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is grade school level behavior carried forward through HS and college then into the corporate world.

To those people, please learn to be an adult, just do your job and get a life outside of the office.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree, total bullshit. There’s something call social security that payroll takes out of my check through July. Then it abruptly stops. Where’s my money Amgen? Someone’s stealing, and I’m on to you.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank U OP

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our culture is broken because activity is rewarded more than performance.

At Amgen appearance is valued more than results

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Process over results, optics over outcome. That is the Amgen way.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

work is fun clown boy-ride the llama

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Especially true for ACT-III promotions. Our ACT-IIIs suck as sales people but excel at powerpoint and selling image to a collection of fools that built the system.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ACT III is so dumb. No one outside of Amgen cares. Hiring DM’s either never heard of it or heard what BS it is. It’a a very primary care ‘paint by numbers’ promotion system that is antiquated and obsolete. Amgen needs to move on from this dinosaur of a model and get with the times.