Why are good reps leaving

Discussion in 'Butler' started by Anonymous, Dec 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I tried to tell that to my clinics . . . The past few years all my top accts have switched out to Cornerstone.
    So any ideas are accepted.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anything if promoted enough will sell. At least in the short term. Cornerstone only began gaining ground after Impromed screwed themselves with the cartoon character interface and problems in 5.0. Vets want programs that do it all, but the front desks folks can tell you that they need simplicity and speed first, expanded capabilities second. Kind of like MicroStinks Vista ! What a lovely upgrade from XP !

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell Impromed to bring back a classic look. Like 4.8 or below. None of this flashy animated look in 5.0 and up. It just can't be taken seriously. It looks like a joke.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any long timer support staff don't let the vet anywhere near the computer if they can help it. They may be a great DVM, but most know nothing about how the software works and actually screw things up making the rest of the team hate it. For a software package to really"sell" i.e be recommended to one vet office to another, it need s team that uses it And LIKES it in everyday use.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're getting off track here. Reasons for leaving : micro or non existent management, loss of Idexx, ridiculous size/shape territories (but then again what else is new no matter who you work for these days)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the insight. Appreciate it even if others don't.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I love being asked to sell coffee, paper clips, pens and pencils, software and whatever else we can get our hands on these days and being told I'm not meeting my numbers by some bonehead that doesn't know what commission sales is actually like. But, sure, I think I'm about to sign a lease for my soul. That should do it this quarter. Couldn't bring myself to actually sell it outright yet.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear ya. Nothing worse than a mgr who tells you you're not making your numbers and asking you to do something that they've never had to do. And they wonder why there's not better responses to their surveys.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was expected to grow my territory 15% last year. Did my clinics grow their business 15% last year? Like hell.
    and this was after some accts were transferred out.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that Idexx has screwed us and clinics are either still struggling, failing or joining buying groups that squeeze us, sure no problem. I'll get right on that and wave my magic wand 15% more often.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abaxis
    Antech
    Heska
    Scil
    Axis-Q

GOOD LUCK

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. We're gonna need it

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah...after last year's free syringe fiasco.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The plain and simple truth to your question is that everybody is tired of corporate taking our commissions to help reach their bottom line for the stock holders so they can keep their jobs. We get zero help from our managers yet they scream at us to make more sales. Corporate is completely out of touch with the outside world. NOBODY wants the CRM program. If you think people are leaving now just wait until the commission restructure in July.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep the faith!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At the rate we're going, my faith is about all I'll have left soon !!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why, oh why, is it that nickel and dime ing the low people on the totem pole is always "the answer" ?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Focus on private label and equipment, and you'll do Ok. And also do a few BDMs.

Most of my vets think it's absurd when I tell them that their potential business is $300K. And that my manager must be some kind of fool if he really thinks we can get that. At least my vets hsve known me longer than my manager has been manager.

Hey maybe the new cram will make up for deficiencies, eh?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love the private label lifesavers ! Thing is, so does MWI. Equipment is OK, but unless it's something like an analyzer requiring ongoing consumables, it's a once and done. Mature clinics don't need much equipment at the moment.

Thank god I have long term relationships w clinics. We can roll our eyes together when I tell them they've got room to spend three times as much as they have been. Considering they've I've already grown them 20% YTD over last two and get their agency too.

Depends on how much business is NOT already coming our way, but manager of the month needs to get a grip and LEARN the real world cannot sustain that kind of growth.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stock FL and HG baby !! At least for when the big M isn't running a promo. Or for those low volume clinics that just don't do them. Get them to take some Braveçto too. Yay goals !!