Why are managers needed right now?

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by anonymous, Apr 2, 2020 at 12:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Serious question here: Why are managers needed right now? They are not doing anything other than hosting conference calls and forwarding information. Before the managers would "coach" people, hire people, go out on field rides, and some other things. But now they aren't doing any of that. The only thing they are doing now is forwarding information from higher above and hosting conference calls. DM's are a huge expense for this company and I'm having a hard time understanding why we need them? At least take their salary and cut it in half.

The reps are still working, but in a modified way. We are still contacting offices as before and delivering samples and resources. We have just adapted to the situation.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers bring little to no value. Absolutely correct.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You brainiacs will be gone long before the managers are let go. Quit being an asshat and con send an email

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re all worthless to society and non-essential. Stop whining and do the same thing you do every day. Send some email talking about your great idea, great doctor story or whatever.....then go have lunch and play golf on Lillys dime.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would but the golf courses are closed at least in IL. This place is garbage but yes we will be gone long before the worthless managers are.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My country club is still open but they aren’t taking the bunkers right now. I’m legit starting to panic!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers? You reps are no longer needed. Physicians and hospitals are not going to be seeing reps any time soon. You are all the last people they will want to see and they are changing policy as we speak. Just a matter of time. All we need are call centers, field rep costs are a waste.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FIRE ALL THE MANAGERS. SAVE MILLIONS IN SALARIES FOR WORTHLESS PEOPLE.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[​IMG]

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And all these corporate managers will salivate over minimal over head and negligent drop in sales. When the CEO start to see this, many will start some layoff or furlough. They will be addicted to very high margins like cocaine addicts. They will hire again when sales start to slow. But it will be easy to increase earnings when you are taking off a large expense of the balance sheet.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

shut the fuck up

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth hurt?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see you had no problems with my statement lol! Fine fire the managers but we know the reps aren’t worth shit!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I feel like managers are sitting around all day trying to figure out how to give more busy work to the reps. They literally have brainstorming sessions to try and figure out how to give us more work.

Dear Corporate,
    Please get let go of the DM's. They were worthless before all this Coronavirus thing started. I truly wish you could see how my dr's cringe when I walk in with my DM. The providers instantly know they are going to be suckered into a fake, unrealistic, 3 minute (plus or minus) conversation.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If we could get “likes” for our posts in Cafe Pharma then I think you’d be well over 1k likes just from your post.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

shut up rep
    you're irrelevant

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reps, just understand we managers have earned our spot, not given. We are leaders because we have to be. Most reps would be spinning tops were it not for our guidance in leading them through their career. That's why reps are on the bottom end of the chain. IE, there's management , then there's everyone else. Live with it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Proof positive of what an arrogant ass you are, just like so many “district” or regional mgrs. Fortunately, not all are so delusional, but too many think like you. If senior management only knew how much middle, err, low level mgrs like you decrease real productivity with all your metrics and meeting bullshit followed by ride-along ridiculousness, they would cut your numbers drastically.
    Yes, I know you want to try to preserve your bloated salary and false status, but we all know the real truth. Enjoy it while you can because your latest brainfart will have us locked out of even more offices once covid 19 subsides.