Why AstraZeneca SUCKS to work for

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2007 at 12:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well , when the criteria changes EVERY year and then at least once within the year - you are Fu*ked ! I’ve been with the company 6 years and it hasn’t stayed consistent once . They set you up to fail . Everyone knows it’s all about formulary anyway . Blah .

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are so WRONG! 7/9 reps on my ONCOLOGY team are promotions from AZ primary care or hospital. Maybe they won’t let you get in oncology. You are lucky. I am in ONCOLOGY with AZ, and I am begging to do primary care just to have quality of life and actual discussions with doctors. I have 20 years of oncology experience, and I hate being on a team with a bunch of clueless primary care promotions. These reps are clueless and so is the manager who came from primary care. You do not sell page to page with an oncologist....ever. Anyway, I wish you would take my oncology job and I could take yours. Due to the fact that they will never let me leave to take an entry level position, I will be accepting another offer outside of the company to start in January.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wish I would have found this blog 7 months ago. All of it is spot on. I resigned last Friday without a plan B. That’s how unfulfilling and disappointing this company was. When I put in my notice, my “manager” didn’t even ask why, or what can we do to make you stay...and his “director” never reached out to me. Not even to say thank you or sorry it didn’t work out. The ego and self-centeredness of these people is unreal. I’ve been in this industry for 19 years and I’ve never had a worse experience. I actually feel better not having a job than I ever did working there.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re feeling “better” now. That’s coming from the instant gratification of removing yourself from your prison. Just wait a little while longer and you will start to feel the pain of unemployment. You will also experience discrimination from employers for your age and unemployed status. Good luck and all the best to you!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The first lesson you learn is not age discrimination, it is the fact that more than 5 years in Pharma takes you out of any consideration for a real job on the outside.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong; age discrimination is real in any industry. True, pharma on your resume won’t help either.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This message is such BS! I have been an onc rep for 18 yrs and most all of us started in primary care. For those of us willing to keep it real there is no real difference- we all are disrespected by drs

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True that

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Specialty Sales is just a higher paid fraud. Nobody is selling today. If I get two actual sales presentations per week, it is a good week.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our salaries are higher. We are able to buy more and save more.