Why Avise MCV is GONE

Discussion in 'Cypress Bioscience' started by Anonymous, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This topic seems so bla bla and dead. The most damming and incrimiating Form the FCR that you all agree too every 2-3 weeks is the most effective tool that a manager uses to manage a rep out, same at every company not just cyrpress. The FCR is a mini performance review done at this obsessive controlling company every two weeks, and then it goes straight to you RM for sig and then BB for sig and then to your perm. HR file for chronic review. The FCR has been critical against every rep that I know of who has been cut loose by cypress, it was the strongest piece of documentation they had on him and with the most frequency. These little fuckers depending on your boss are like crack cocaine. I have seen hundreds of reps over the years be asked to leave because of a pattern developed and spearheaded by a DM to subjectively throw reps under the bus, yet to only cast the blame off of them and back on the rep in writting. Works like a charm. Especially when you have a rep who doenst even read them and just signs it and mails it back. That is like striking oil for these managers. A rep who just takes is in the ass and says thank you. I hate this company, hate everything about it. Times are a changing, we will all be history and a mere blip on the memory come 6 months from now. Have a plan, put it into action and get out and dont ever look back. NObody at cypress is here for "you" done ever be so naive to think that.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with your post, never worked at a company that treats so called "speciality reps" like they were entry-level at best.

So why did Cypress push MCV aside? None of us have clear communication on the reason we just do what we are told and that is push Avise PG and put MCV on the backburner. I find this to be another one of Cypress's poor business decisions. My District sold the crap out of MCV out the gate it far exceeded PG in popularity.

Anyone know what Cypress rationale was on this?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you really that dumb?
    MCV is gone because we ran the test at a loss. It cost $30 to Fed Ex the test, we paid draw fees ranging from $10-20, and our CPT code only reimbursed about $20. Do the math.

Bottom line is all the people who cant sell are crying about the MCV test being gone because Dr's would run it to help the rep out but it has little value because the CCP and RF are fine and inexpensive. Go out and sell PG and quit crying about where MCV has gone. I agree PG is a tough sell and adds very little value to offices but it's all we have to sell so just focus and dont worry about what you cant control.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is kinda rude to call a co worker "dumb" we were never told the reasons, it is sidestepped. But thanks for your rationale, is this your opinion or is this the company's decision on MCV?
    Lastly, I doubt if PG is making much more profit, so your post doesn't make sense - however nothing at Cypress makes sense.
    We will see when the delayed 10-K for 2009 comes out but my bet is PG cost Cypress more in expenses and the debt porption of DX exceeds $2 million for 2009.
    Control???? We have very little control of anything in our true specialty mega pod position.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ditto. very true. read before you sign um.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course no one mentions it, because that would be exposing the scam of the test!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

as a patient your post are terrifying, I was dx with RA and most of it was based on the test which I was given last year, I ACTUALLY WAS POSITIVE AT 95PERCENT. Both my rheumatologist and the lab stated this was one of the highest they had ever had, I was a working RN who had dx of fibromyalsia and yrs had been told while my ANA was high my RF was neg. the whole thing was so confusing I just went to a pain doctor, placed on low dose of Methadone for pain and while I was always in chronic pain I just worked through it for 10yr. I had no more embarrising visits to to the ER were I saw nurses and doctors rolling their eyes thinking I was drug seeking when I really needed and just wanted a shot of prednisone which seemed to help. Last year I had what looked like a case of gout which was very painful then swelling in my hands and ankles and as much as I hated it I had to go back to a rheumatologist and for the first time my rf was positive but only at 15, at that time he did the Avise MCV which came back positive at a very high percemt, but the rf was again neg, Are you guys saying in very crude language I might add, the test that placed me on SSI, cost me a job I loved, may have left me with a miss dx and something else could be wrong with me. I was not only told that this test was definitive, cutting edge, and a prediction of future severity of my RA in future, This might be just you guys bitching about how you think reps work, company bottom line and finger pointing to you and having worked in the medical field, but I always tried to remember that the true bottom line is the pts life and how it would be effective. Shame on you all, but since u started it, are you saying the test was bogus

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is your rheum? Most likely a paid speaker for the company. Other testing out there you should look into.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee wonder why? Test platform sucks, missing what most docs want.