Why Dental gets bad rap/ income?

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From someone talking to both medical and dental sales companies, why does dental sales have such a bad reputation for not being "real sales" from people in medical sales? Your selling basically the same types of products; instruments, implants, disposables, services... You're just selling to dentist who have to pay versus hospital's who have contracts and dealing with insurance reimbursement like medical? Also, I know medical sales income/ commission has been on the decline the last 5 years; seems like dental went through this years ago, but why, if they are not dealing with the hospitals and insurance, was it such a large decline?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Jealousy? Dental sales is real sales. We sell direct to the customer, unlike medical sales where you're dealing with hospital budgets and formularies. I've been in both and in dental you have much easier access to the buyer.

As for the decline, that's because dentistry is a cash business full of elective procedures. When the recession hit, many stopped getting teeth whitened, Invisalign, implants, etc. That sent the overall market into a tailspin. But things have been looking up.

I have no interest in leaving dental.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am with a large distributor - I enjoy my 6 Figure income and my work "week". I get left alone by my management and can pretty much do as I please. I have a buddy who sells medical device- trauma stuff, in the OR, etc. On call a lot, has to work some pretty crazy hours, is always complaining about goals, quota, and his boss. Oh yeah, he gets to look cool and wear scrubs too. He makes about 2x what I do but I definitely wouldn't ever trade my job or my lifestyle for his.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why you'll never make more. Because you are lazy and like your 105k income. Do you really like that your friend is kicking your ass and you can't cut it? C'mon ass clown. I guess mediocre is where you want to be. Keep riding the wave to nothing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"That's why you'll never make ............."

You sound confused and bitter. Try and get some professional help.

I feel sorry for you and your type. You have a lot of problems.

Its useless to try and reason with you.

America - land of nothing and serial nobodies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LMAO!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make more money without sacrificing you life! Sell Home Sleep Testing (HST) services. The dental community is still in its infancy a bit, but this is great for those dental rep's that want to get started while it is still somewhat new! Take the opportunity to plant your seeds and earn $100 commission for each completed* HST. This is an opportunity to increase your income and you can even track your referrals anonymously with a four digit tracking number if necessary. 1099 make extra money on top of your F/T position. You are already in their office and can offer a value added service in addition to what you are already selling.

Ask there are a lot of practices that specialize in treating patients for sleep apnea with a custom oral appliance. Patients prefer the appliance to the mask. For those practices that are not doing it you will find the majority of them are thinking about it and just have not taken the time to get started yet.

Keep in mind that sleep disorders, including sleep apnea, have become a significant health issue in the United States. It is estimated that 22 million Americans suffer from sleep apnea, with 80 percent of the cases of moderate and severe obstructive sleep apnea undiagnosed. This leaves a huge pool of potential patient's for you to have tested. For those that have been diagnosed there are still opportunities for patients that can’t tolerate a CPAP and need a custom oral appliance for treatment.

We offer free advice on medical billing since this is usually covered by the patient’s medical insurance. We also have a couple of billing options for those dental practices that want to have us bill for them. This helps you earn additional referrals. When we do the billing we bill a minimum of $6,500 and the national average re-imbursement is $3,500. They can also bill for office visits and follow up visits. This is a huge opportunity for the dental practice to increase their revenue!

For those rep’s that have hustle this is an opportunity to make more money! With just a couple of active practices this can be VERY LUCRATIVE FOR YOU! Call 855.847.4004 today to lean more!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because of all of the idiots that post on these forums.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true/ idiots that post usually worse reps at company

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Because of all of the idiots that post on these forums."

Like yourself and your pal below you ?

Yeah, Real Idiots.