Why do so many companies allow morons to be managers

Discussion in 'Dealing with Your Manager' started by M19, Oct 27, 2009 at 1:04 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. M19

M19 Guest

I have a few questions:

* Do the big shots at the top have any idea their worse employees have the
    title "manager".

* Do the big shots know that most employees leave because of inept
    mangement?

* Companies emphasize so much sales training - what about managment
    training for the morons?

* Why are companies so strict on "best of the best" qualifications for hiring
    new sales reps - but then guidelines to be a manager are "must be an
    aboslute clueless moron with no hint of people skills"?

* Why do companies have HR dept's? When they could care less about you
    or I.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must work for Johnson and Johnson............describes our management and hr dept.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It could also be Sciele. to a "T"

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reps leave because reps who try to get over on managers open themselves up to retaliation. There are a million ways a manager can make life miserable for a rep. We may not always be able to fire you, but we can make you wish we had.

That said, if you want to get rid of a manager, just start carrying a small tape recorder in your pocket and recording everything you hear. But be ready to suffer the consequences. Even if you can get rid of what you have called a "moron", you will wish you hadn't.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Folks, you're operating on the idea that companies give a rat's rear end about the folks in the field. Far from it.

Management protects management.

End of story.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Capable sales managers are not put in DM roles. Senior management wants DM's to be controllable, so you'd never see a knowledgeable person in a DM role, just a yes monkey.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

terrible advice. carrying a tape recorder is stupid, and HR will not back you up on anything. the thing to do is just have a talk with your manager about any issues you might have to clear things up, like grown up people should do but do enough because they are wimps. if the manager continues with this bullshit, then get the resumes out there and start over with a new company. if you can't get a new job, then repeat until things get better. in the meantime, the best thing to do is just work. be sure to get about two calls above the expectation, and send your manager a voice mail or email on your highlights for the week. sure, it is a silly game that has to be played, but its the right thing to do. besides, managers come and go, so this loser will be gone before you know it. just check your ego in at the door during the dreaded field rides and do what they want and have a good attitude about it. all of us go through this in our career a few times, so its part of life. remember that you are getting paid and focus on the good things that this job allows for you and your family. I would also add that you should never be intimidated by a dickhead boss. its just a job, and its your choice to recact to the bad situation the way you want.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have so many morons because they hire reps to become ASM's and RM's. So to answer your question, rep=mgr=moron.

9. The Compass

The Compass Guest

As a manager, or as you may call me - a moron-, I am more than troubled by this posting.

As a human being, I am appalled at the trash I have read on this site.

No one ever complains "my manager is difficult, and demanding but he (she) made me better" Furthermore, good people almost never complain. Jobs are completely voluntary. This means that you are free to walk away at any time.

Here's my questions to this forum:

1. Why would you stay with a company if you think their management philosophy is to place "moron's" into leadership roles?
    2. Why would you be angry if you were not chosen to be a manager? Wouldn't this only confirm that you are NOT a moron and are in fact smarter than everyone else? This should make you happy!
    3. What responsibility do you have to your profession to "coach up" or learn how to provide meaningful feedback to poor managers? Trust me, it's an art and it works. I have had representatives bring things to my attention that were in my blindspot and I worked on them.
    4. Yes - our industry seems to not understand what makes a leader a leader, and as such we have customarily chosen poor leaders to be managers. But, how can you (we) change that?
    5. Why is everyone here so angry?

Now, I know this post will be met with the usual F-bombs and how I'm gay or a traitor or some other crude insult, but THINK. I mean really THINK.

In this current era of corporate implosion, you have a job. A well paying job. People used to brag about being a Pharmaceutical Sales Person. Now, each of you hesitate so say what you do for a living. Why?

(BTW - this is only the second time I've ever been on this site. It really brings me down, so I avoid looking into this dark closet of pharma.)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea well youre an idiot.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Haha, so true!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a gay traitor and a true fucking idiot.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does all my shit get deleted off here?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should try working for T- systems. They are all a bunch of total idiots.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiots coming outta everywhere.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Specially round here.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn straight. I keep getting my shit yanked.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the mark of a dysfuntional, crooked, sociopathic, self absorbed, naricissistic, useless, no-value-added "profession" and the type of people it attracts.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cafepharma has been reduced to a totally mod-controlled little mind fuck that basically distills down to the mods talking amongst themselves.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Miss you!