Why do we still have jobs?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jul 6, 2020 at 10:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello,

Curious as to why we all still have jobs? On my entire team only myself and another person have even been back in the field, everyone else to too "scared" aka lazy, to get back out. The reality is virtual calls aren't impactful and people are just milking the situation.

I say to the FLL's: Make your reps get back in the field or else fire them! We've paid everyone their 6 figure salary this whole time and its time to start selling

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one gives two shits what you say or think.
    Fuck off, Covid POS

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can’t believe we still have jobs. VBU here. Mainly calling around. Can’t and haven’t been able to access most of my offices for years. Just playing the game and damn good at it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think you're the only one damn good at it. It's the secret that isn't a secret but rarely discussed (even with upper management).

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

way too many sales people. Could cut by 50percent and save a ton of $.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

exactly! I've reported two teammates this year for fake calls.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hope you are doing every single thing by the book you snitch. Last time I had teammate who did this they ended up firing her as well. HR investigated everyone in the district and more than the intended reps were fired. Good luck- don't make any mistakes

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Survival of the fittest here at ViiV - Have 4 reps per territory, we need only 2.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Serious response the the OPs question "why do we still have jobs"? For a couple of reasons. The main reason is that FLLs, RSDs, SVPs etc need jobs. I'm sure you understand that without a sales force, sales leaders have no one to manage. Which means they do not have a job. I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm merely pointing out the obvious reality of why leadership has retained salesforce's across the industry. The second reason is that sales people are a necessary evil. We actually impact business in a positive way. Some of you laugh but you try keeping brand awareness alive without an actual person interacting with customers. Lastly, you need to come to terms with the fact that virtual detailing is going to be a big part of what we do as an industry moving forward. Yes, Face to Face is ideal and the most impactful way to engage a customer, but our role has bee forever changed. Bottom line, there will always be sales people. In our industry there just won't be as many.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For those reps who remain, there is a silver lining. FLLs will have to change the way they show up during field rides. They will have to drive in their own vehicles. This is being discussed as we speak. They can no longer expect sales reps to hold in-office lunches in person. Virtual lunches will become more prevalent. FLLs will join our virtual inservices just by clicking a link. They do not need to leave their homes. Couple that with the fact our customers do not want managers in the office and you can see why this will be the norm. Our days are going to look a lot different and the expectations will change. You may have a day where all you do is schedule appointments and never leave your house. You may have a day where you see one customer and have a lunch with another then head back to your home office. You may have a day where you have three appointments in the field. You are also going to see more contract sales reps. It's already happening. The industry is changing fast. Leadership is freaking out as their cush jobs will become redundant. 1 FLL can manage 15 reps. No more of this 8 to 1 ratio. Everyone will have to adapt.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the actual answer. This makes sense

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FYI guys, it all depends on where you live. Who are your relationships with, and how much they trust you. Personally, I have access to accounts that are hospital owned EVEN though the hospital has no access policy. Maybe you should just stop Sample dropping and start working, If you’re not too late! An old timer here. We built trust

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is true. However, with this in mind, do reps really need 6 figure salaries and such lucrative bonus payouts?!? Crazy how much we all make to do so little! They need to trim sales jobs from the top down and trim salaries in order to more effectively match the job description going forward! I can’t believe how much reps make to do so very little!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? If you feel so strongly about this issue, why don't you ask for a pay cut? Go on Good Morning America and ask that all healthcare sales professionals receive pay cuts. While you're at it you should have CEOs across America take pay cuts as on average they make 300x what the average employee makes. We are paid what the market allows. By the way, ever seen what government employees make? They never fear job loss and have outrageous retirement benefits. We are in the free market and have to deal with constant job uncertainties. We can actually be fired unlike government employees. We also have a net positive return on investment for the company. I just had a doc prescribe his first 2 Dovato prescriptions. Those 2 little prescriptions represent about 50K in annual sales...in perpetuity! I think we are paid accordingly for what we do, what we deal with from the company and for what our products bring to society.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yes yes yes I get that you don't like our bloated salaries broadcast on social media, also we're not talking bout these other professions but ours as a whole; a very very broken sales model; (let's stay focused ok). We work 3-4 hours a day (pre-covid); mix lots of windshield time in there, act as UPS/Mailman, message an HCP as they run out the door and at a lunch no less AND that's a good day. With bonus we can make up to 180,000 a year. Well I did. Even I'm appalled at what I make.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No offense to UPS or FEDX drivers. They bust their a$$ and have an honorable job. But look at what your 180K income cost you. You have a bachelors degree and maybe a masters. That cost you both time & money. You chose a career that deals with professionals of the highest level calling on MDs. You need to be able to converse at a level that commands respect and credibility. You have sales goals which if not met will cause you great headache and anxiety as your FLL will grind you until your numbers turn around. Don't turn those sales around and you will find yourself on a performance improvement plan. Like the UPS and FEDX you navigate traffic and have to use logistics to maximize efficiencies. You manage an inventory and are responsible for creating business plans. Again, no offense the courriers you mentioned but all they have to do is load a truck (usually they have a college kid doing most of that) scan deliveries into a navigation system and drive. No social skills necessary. No critical thinking skills necessary. No business plan to write. No outrages sales metrics to hit. No college degree required. No work to bring home at night. And do you know what the average UPS driver earns? Around 80K annually. They rarely if ever have layoffs. So I believe we are paid accordingly. I just had 4 Nucala Rxs this month..that's around 100K in annual sales. Those Rx's didn't just happen. I was a big part of that. I could lose my job in six months due to COVID and poor leadership decisions by GSK. UPS is just driving and dropping off packages..and they get to wear shorts.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have them (management) by the balls. They,cannot exist without us! We need to leverage our power by saying we are AFRAID of the virus by going into the field! Stick together and we turn our sitting at home and not working into years of vacation! If they were going to fire a bunch of us they would have already done so! We are in total control!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just sold 8 Trelegy last week and that's only 36K in annual sales. After rebates its around 12K in sales. Our division is screwed!