Why do we still have jobs?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jul 6, 2020 at 10:31 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Huh? I think what you meant to say was "same to you but more of it".

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This job is mind numbing! There is no job satisfaction as we are not sales people. We promote a product to a customer who doesn’t even really interact with us. For those of you who think we sell, you are delusional! We say exactly what we are told, track metrics that mean nothing other than satisfy what leadership wants to convey to the financial world, lie daily because access is bad, put together meaningless business plans to make our FLL look good. I’m not sure why we still have jobs or make the money we make! The reason of course is because without us, the people up the chain don’t either. Someday stockholders will question executive leadership about why so many in sales are needed and why they are paid so much!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The question the OP states could be asked of anyones job. If Court Horncastle were to disappear for a year do you think business would just stop? More than likely business would actually increase. If your FLL only worked with you 1 x per quarter vs 1 X per month, would that really impact how you work? You would most likely be less stressed and able to actually focus on executing a plan. As I've been saying for years, reps are a necessary evil. We allow FLLs, RVPs, and SVPs to have jobs. What would those individuals do without sales reps? Seriously, what would they do? Without reps, those individuals do not have work. Let me tell you, Hornsmoker loves his cushy job. So to the OP, does that answer your question? C-19 has also opened the idea of working virtually. We most likely will work as hybrid reps. In the field some days on working from home other days. Most FLLs cannot wrap their heads around this as they are freaking out! They are the ones who are unable to adapt to change. They are dinosaurs and need to be put out to pasture. So that's why we still have jobs..because we are the backbone of commercial opps. Training department, field management, and to some extent marketing need reps in order to have something to do.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are absolutely correct. I retired from this shit show and drive an Amazon van. Working 40 hours a week, making $19.00 an hour. Believe it or not, best decision I ever made. So far I have lost 22 pounds, I enjoy what I do, get bro pet dogs, donkeys, goats and everybody is happy to see me. My house is paid off, I get a pension, Soc Sec, royalties and have investments paying me monthly dividends. It's more than enough. I would never go back to this shit show. When I come home, I am done, no fake call notes, no programs, no bullshit. My boss appreciates me for my high delivery rates, showing up on time for work, never calling in sick and be available 7 days a week. I am finally happy not to deal with big Pharma bullshit. But it took 5 attempts to get the position. I was rejected 4 times, presumably due to my age...(I am 65)...but I finally got in....It's not for everybody, but I love it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well they last post wasn’t following along the thread’s conversation. Nice tangent.