Why does Acthar cost so much ?

Discussion in 'Mallinckrodt' started by anonymous, Jan 15, 2019 at 10:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where you at now Mr. or Mrs. Fact Finder? Must be updating your resume. Good news is no one will ask why you are leaving Mnk. Be careful with how proud you are of your accomplishments there, most see your work as deplorable. Hope it works out for the good people still left there.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

original question was why does it cost what it does? Clear facts offered. Purchase of Questcor 2014 (look it up)You can argue paid too much or shouldn’t have invested as much but those are facts..the rest are opinions

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Capitalism....Drug companies are publicly traded. Vote for universal healthcare and poof!!! No more need for MNK or any other drug company to show a profit to shareholders.

BTW, no one pays that for the drug. The company offers rebates out the ass for coverage. For patients that are uninsured or when the drug is not covered, Mallinckrodt gives to the patient for free.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look you half wit asshole that probably hasn’t been with the company that long, the FACTS are clear. You think the people at MNK didn’t see the dollars signs with the jacked up price at Questcor and all the indications to THINK they could rip the system off for billions? Questcor ate the steak and MNK paid the damn bill. THEY were only able to justify the 5.6 billion to The BOD because they thought with 19 indications they could cash in on until the payers caught on to the DESI drug sham. AGAIN just because MNK overpaid for a over priced 1952 product doesn’t mean they can over charge the government or commercial payers. Go back to being brainwashed by fat head.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Drop the mic^

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am confident that we will get through this. I bust my butt in the field selling Acthar because I believe it truly helps the patients, i get rewarded very well for my hard work which is done with nothing but integrity! Can’t put a price tag on that!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i get it you don’t like capitalism and especially when it comes to the medical industry but you actually made my point with your sophomoric rant and nerdy mike drop comment. Yes the BOD paid a lot for it...and thought they could cash in...thought there was something special about it or could make something about it. It’s called an investment dipshit and they wanted a return. Just like any business....you make investments...sometimes speculative and sometimes they pay off and sometimes they don’t.... Your political views on socializing healthcare tell me more about your political motives than anything else. That model has worked so well elsewhere

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

regarding efficacy and cost:

Acthar is the gold standard for the treatment for Infantile Spasm, and is portrayed as such in peer reviewed journals. M.S. patients refractory to other (very expensive) medications report amelioration of serious complications of MS and thus are willing to repeat use of Acthar for subsequent flares. In Nephrotic syndrome patients approaching ESRD see reduction in proteinuria in response to Acthar treatment. So just because it is from “1952” or has a desi-indication does not mean there is no efficacy. Has it been over prescribed, perhaps.

There was a time when QCOR had a very robust patient assistance program, originally designed for the IS indication, that enabled Pediatric ERs to administer Acthar to every infant without worrying about ability to pay. If they had a big co-pay, QCOR picked it up. If they had no insurance QCOR replaced the vial. This spilled over into MS and NS. Short sellers attempting to drive down share price attacked these programs and essentially ended them, which was a bad thing for patients. All this when the vial price was approx $20k.

Since the advent of MM and fathead HO the vial price has doubled and the programs have pretty much ended.

At the end of the day QCOR had enough of the short seller game and unloaded the company to a bunch of DMFers that immediately set out to completely fuck up whatever part did work well.

Keep that in mind as you point fingers

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can you please try to have a coherent argument or case? The comment about capitalism came from your comments about greed and socializing/nationalizing healthcare. Of course Cramer is a capitalist....as a matter of fact probably the poster child. He doesn’t like the company as an investment...there’s that word again you don’t understand INVESTMENT. His opinion. Remember, some people make tons of money when stocks go down. Where is your greed comment when short sellers fan flames or help manufacture bad press?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ll let the DOJ, CMS, private payers, and the government lay out the coherent argument for you. Good luck defending your piece of shit company.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m INVESTED in sending any and all evidence to support the lawsuits against mnk. Including current emails from current management stating if you pay speakers you will see a spike in referrals! So spend more! Love it when dim wit managers send that stuff on email.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for providing that info to the DOJ, really firmed up their case against mnk. Hard to blame Qcor for the blatant “pay for referrals” strategy when it’s direction from current mnk leadership. Even better it came from multiple TA’s.
    Does anyone have HO stating mnk has earned the right to target Medicare?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HO, and most of Sales Management has pushed targeting Medicaid and Medicare after the commercial payers pulled way back.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Send whatever you’ve got that you think you can shape into a sweet payoff for yourself.

Your assertion is stupid. Of course promotional programs are intended to increase business nit wit....that’s why they’re classified as promotional. A speaker program can and usually does result in more referrals...from the audience. Not like MNK is doing something unique or different than any company in the industry. You don’t even understand that fundamental concept and the policies around that!!?? Your professors at community college would be so disappointed.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Different person replying here. Apparently you didn’t get or don’t remember the email sent from JR out speaker programs drive business and lead to referrals from speakers.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

haha...you’ve got nothing. Give it a try though...chance it could pay off