Why does anybody keep coming back to this board?

Discussion in 'Wyeth' started by Anonymous, Oct 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trying to figure out why people visit this board. Most of the posts are a few years old. Maybe we are feeling nostalgic but the reality is…AHP/Wyeth is gone. We can all thank the Frenchie (BP) for that. We can only hope that Sandy washed away the big house on LBI he bought with some of the money(I heard it cost 9 Mill$$) that he sold out the company for! With his luck the government probably gave him the cash to rebuild. God bless America! Don't know how he sleeps at night!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same reason you did my friend.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When a good thing and good people were once a part of your life, you don't want to forget. And yes, I also wonder how some people sleep at night. Visit Collegeville now and you will be very surprised and saddened.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can you please describe what Collegeville is like now? Thanks!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lonely. Dow has leased a large part, including the labs. Fewer and fewer cars on the Pfizer side.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really cannot figure out Pfizer. To me it looks like they are only interested in breaking up the company to add value to shareholders, as opposed to being a growing top notch drug company. Their R & D was piss poor. They grew like crazy by acquisition only. Lipitor covered up a lot of poor management decision. I was fortunate to spend 27 of my 30 years with Wyeth. I was lucky for the last 3 since it allowed me to hit my magic number (a lot of people were not so fortunate). I didn't appreciate Wyeth as much as I should have until I worked for Pfizer. Wyeth seemed to care more for it's people. Yea-we had our problems, but it still was a good job and I enjoyed going to work everyday. Spent most of my days in Vaccines but wound up in different divisions with some of the cuts that went on. Vaccines was always the step child with Wyeth/Mahady, who knew that would be the safe place to be to keep your job. I do not miss the job (what it became), but I do miss some of the people (and the cheap Advil in the company store-lol). The people I still talk to there aren't too happy…just hoping to hang on until retirement or until a better job is gotten! For those reading this who are retired-we are the lucky ones!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with previous poster. I started with Ayerst in '77 and somehow survived the acquisitions and restructing, even into Pfizer. Glided into retirement in 2011, feeling very fortunate. Never felt comfortable with the Pfizer culture.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ones that made it to/past 55 with Pfizer are the lucky ones! I'm happy that I got to stay (obviously) since I need the additional years to hit my number, but I'm still amazed what a joke of a company it really is. Every rep/DM I had contact with was not happy. The upper management in PC was a joke. They were definitely Euro-centric with the ELT which is why they probably got BP to bend over and sell. Anyone on this board who is retired (including me) should count our blessings. I'm still tied to them for medical benefits (under their lump sum retirement plan), but am wondering how long that will last. Obamacare changes everything. Can't see Pfizer doing anything that will be an overall benefit to ex employees.