Why does Biogen need so many people to do one job, you are ruining access for everyone

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, Nov 2, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't understand the point to all these new roles that have now pissed so many MS centers off… Who needs a navigator if you can’t even call the patient yourself? Do you people not know that patient navigators are already imbedded in the office and don’t need your dumb, over paid reps that bring ZERO value to the offices or providers. One of my office shared with me that you guys took them out to dinner to present a slidedeck of Medicare information that was so elementary that they were joking during my lunch about it. Thanks for making my lunch more interesting.

Does leadership not realize what a waste of space these folks are? My office shared with me that patients tell them they are working with a case manager from Biogen and then they have to retell the story to some stupid ass navigator that needs to feel needed. Providers told our TLL, that Biogen folks reach out for appointments daily with a specialized account executive title that offers nothing but trying to get the doctor to want to see them. They too, bring nothing, but take up time. Please GET your shit together people. More is not better. You guys are created an environment that is making MS centers to rethink whether or not see anyone. STOP the MADNESS.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny you said that, we were in an office yesterday and the doctor actually asked my boss why did Biogen change and have so many new people (he is an old employee of Biogen), knowing they have less time to see reps in general. We told him to go ask Biogen, because they apparently have this notion that more is better. Must be the new leasers are from old school pharma selling models. They must not be aware that ship has sailed… I have friends that went to Genentech because of this new model. They said it was a joke and causing tension in the field. But no one in upper management was listening.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny you said that, we were in an office yesterday and the doctor actually asked my boss why did Biogen change and have so many new people (he is an old employee of Biogen), knowing they have less time to see reps in general. We told him to go ask Biogen, because they apparently have this notion that more is better. Must be the new leasers are from old school pharma selling models. They must not be aware that ship has sailed… I have friends that went to Genentech because of this new model. They said it was a joke and causing tension in the field. But no one in upper management was listening.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, you heard right... no one is listening and everyone is pretending it is. Not sure why they are working so had to make this work. It has caused so many issues and a time waster. both of those roles are new to Biogen and still no data to reps or leadership on the point of this. The guy that started it all isn't here anymore and everyone else that worked under him is just trying so hard due to job security. The scary part of all of this is the account executives tell everyone that they are NOT part of sales but yet we are giving all of our appointment up in the hope they are going to help move the needle. Does any of this make any sense?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well add on that there are some RD's in the company that have 5-6 total reps. when offices see your manager every month with you or your partner (in some cases 2x a month) no wonder questions are being asked why do we need so many people calling on accounts. i can't say I know any other company where a manager has this few reps.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Navigators are totally part of sales. The real problems also came about when some of them started saying they were “Medical”. Think that was totally confusing for the HCPs and MSLs??? That paired with the extra useless team meetings is a nightmare. I have no idea why someone thought this “model” of throwing another person into the mix to visit docs, and add more meetings for a busy team, could possibly work.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That sounds like a miserable company to work for!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s a great company with great products. If they would just let us do the job with fewer people, fewer unnecessary meetings, and less oversight....the company would be more successful.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can only agree !

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The biggest concern with the MSCC is this:Biogen promised to be both customer and patient centric, however, adding more people to accounts, that have requested less isn’t being customer centric. Adding patient navigators to call on accounts and the patient experience is the same, is not only lame but AGAIN not committing to what we promised. So here is the deal, the entire pilot was a flop, I was part of it and not ONE component make the office or patient experience better. MJ knew this, he just needed to create a new role so he could show value. The sad part about this is everyone, has voiced that this isn’t working, however, certain folks keep making it seem like it is. Why are these people still employed here. My colleagues that were also part of the pilot, that are no longer here, think it is funny that we are pushing this still, knowing that the creator of the role is now VP of Sales at Genentech, didn’t even consider it for a second, overthere. One of the biggest issues with the navigator role or AE is everyone that responsible for numbers that has three times the accounts have to sit in calls to feed the AE information, because they don’t even get time in these places. If you only have 5 accounts a piece and 2 of them will actually see you, what are guys doing with your time. Leadership, is ok, allocating all these additional resources, spending money on things we never did, for ZERO ROI, not even more FaceTime for the representatives. When they can get time and take up the Sales’s reps appointments, nothing is sold. They have ZERO accountability. At the New Orleans meeting, they try to pitch all these wonderful things they will be doing, and no one questions how any of that is going to bring value. It isn’t rocket science, to know, that any of their intatives can be implemented by either a season rep, or one of the existence anixallry roles that have an established purpose in the market, patient navigators & AE are the same level as other ancillary folks with 2 accounts they can get into at best. If someone is truly trying to evaluate the purpose of these roles, than hold them as accountable as you do everyone else in this organization. Anyone, that has been in this industry long enough, knows how to play the game. The proof is in the pudding, make them do ride withs with someone another than their managers that want to keep their own roles...go to each one of their accounts and see if A) they actually can even speak to anyone, and B) find out if the accounts really need them. I’m going to tell you that the answer will be A) one or two accounts at best, they will have access to, and 100% of the accounts will advised, they bring zero value. Every single person in this company knows this, but no one has the guts to admit this in fear of hurting people. The truth is, we are hurting ourselves, because MSCC folks have nothing to do that makes business sense, and it irritates everyone else, that is overwhelmed and then they feel to play nice in sand box they have to continuous feed the MSCC folks with what’s going on from what intelligence they have gathered on their own, and they them feed this information as their own. Come on people seriously?! Alicia is smarter than this and eventually will see right thru the bullshit. Biogen is paying navigators to be a filed messenger for CM whom does all the leg work, all the Navigators, does is updates the dispo and may have to make a call or two. As a season rep, I did the exact same thing, plus my sales jobs, the office appreciate the updates and because of this, I would be able to give my elevator speech and learn more about new patinets identify because I could be in the offices more. Cover my meds, is a waste of money, pull the data for that, and see for yourself. In New Orleans, not one person in my group (who are sales rep calling on these centers) had anyone using it on a regular basis or didn’t use it at all because the systems they have in place already have this.
    The morale, culture issues have only grown since these roles were formed permanently due to the transparency of how worthless the roles are. Please, if anyone is reading this, at least acknowledge that the roles aren’t working out and look into what these folks can do that isn’t stealing certain job functions of other roles to have a purpose, if you don’t change something, the MSCC will be the root cause of the demise of your sales force as well as other ancillary positions...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well your grammar could use a little bit of cleaning up but the context is spot on. I can’t believe how your statements are verbatim what I hear in the South West. How isn’t leadership aware? Find it hard to believe.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest