Why Don't We Have Business at LIJNS????

Discussion in 'Mead Johnson Nutritionals' started by Anonymous, Aug 2, 2010 at 3:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't we have any business coming out of Long Island Jewish or North Shore Manhasset hospital?

There is so much business to be had there and I understand that the doctors that surround these hospitals want our products in there.

WTF?????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prime vendor?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott Nutrition DOES NOT have a prime vendor agreement with these institutions. As a matter of fact, there is a website out there that shows exactly what companies have "donated" to the hospitals. A lot of doctors call this "milk money" and then wink, wink.

As a matter of fact, the head of Procurement, Phyllis McCreedy I think her name is, is no fan of Abbott. I heard she put a stop over at Southside Hospital from becoming another Abbott hospital. You could probably talk to her and find out why there is only one formula allowed in-house.

I have spoken to a bunch of nurses at various conferences that want our products in both of those hospitals. I think a lot of doctors want the choice as well.

I think the climate is changing and we could have a good shot at getting in at some point. I would go back to some of the surrounding area offices and get them involved in helping us.

Just my 2 cents.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok- I am a New Yorker as well. Long Island Jewish and Manhasset serve relatively wealthy populations. These moms want CONVENIENCE above all else. Until we get a decent (non-tomato juice can) RTU...we will NEVER "own" either of these hospitals.

My 2 cents...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey rock star OP. Why don't you put a nice little business proposal (ex. 30-60-90) as to what YOU WOULD DO, and submit it to the heads at MJN. Otherwise shut the eff up, and quit bitching.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to mention the big plastic bottle of concentrate...looks to cost a little less than powder and is good for 4 days. Not considering the people mentioned above, most people buy powder because it costs less...where is our answer?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, our answer is NOTHING. As usual - - - crickets. We'll convince ourselves it doesn't matter, and just put another Tv ad out there. Meanwhile Similac had a powder package two years ago and after eating our market share for lunch has moved on to the conc liquid. We will never catch up with real innovation b/c we're too busy launching things like chocolate flavored baby formula, ,but oh wait, correction, that was toddler formula. Big difference. Good idea. Or, not.

Let's face it - our management, marketing, and product development sucks. We had a good run with Lipil, but them days are over.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

because our manager is an idiot............doesn't have a clue......how does he keep his job????

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all keep our jobs on LI with one word. WIC.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there is no way Mike is still around........heard he blew another contract

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WE DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JAN 7 START DATE

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WE DO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JAN 7 START DATE

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

April Fools

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As with any system of this size, change is slow and sometimes frustrating, sit tight and we will all be rewarded in the end.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wic contract + NS/LIJ =$$$$$$, it's about time

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry, not going to happen

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Veeva will get us in!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ANUS owns more Doctors and administrators then MJN ever will. Lunch a check and ANUS is on their merry way. Gain all the business and make MJN look like schmucks. Most of ANUS reps in the city are 100 years old and can't even spell Similac but they can make many promises for whatever is needed. MJN are suckers.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just heard some great news, the last roadblock for us has left NS/LIJ. He has been the main reason this has taken so long. With him gone we are proceeding with the change. Sorry AN, hope you enjoyed your run.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who left?