Why I quit using Metagenics

Discussion in 'Metagenics' started by Anonymous, Jun 18, 2007 at 12:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. Can't get product -- backorders up the wazoo.
    2. Touting organic, but the products aren't (WTF?)
    3. Touting research, but the research is really weak.

Other companies are far, far, easier to deal with, and, frankly, their products work. I have had few clinical successes with Metagenics.

Thought you guys would want to know what a doctor thinks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is really from a Doc, That is well put

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course it is not from a doctor but from either a disgruntled Meta rep or is from a Xymogen rep, or both.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, all I know is that former Meta reps aren't disgruntled. Leaving that place is a breath of fresh air!!! Must be from a current Meta employe.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am stopping the use of Metagenics, due to another price increase on certain formulas. Why are you so Greedy? Metagenics has some really good formulas that work, but if your patients cannot afford them what good are they. I have asked my rep for help, I even called the manager for help, all I got was a sales pitch and "if you order X$ amount we may be able to take another look, I have been loyal to Metagenics for a long time. However I am in business also. How about a loyalty program metagenics?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do you offer your patients a loyalty program?
    Seems like you would charge what your service and time is worth.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you are saying Metagenics vitamins are worth every penny you charge? THAT IS FUNNY!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing one guy or gal has this much time on their hands. Plus, they're so slow they think someone will believe they are doctors. Doctor, if you were one, you should sign your name to your email if you really want to make a statement. Otherwise, this is meaningless.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wil not dignify your comments. That is the exact reason I do not use you anymore. You and your company are arrogant and so full of yourselves. Please so you know this cafepharma board is linked to many chiropractic council sites. So we do read this. I am going to look for other sponsors and more professional treatment. Again metagenics alienates practices with smug and rude behavior.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do the chiropractic council sites approve of terminology, from the first post, such as WTF?

11. In the Know

In the Know Guest

Dear Doctor, let me address your concerns:

1. Backorders - Yes, these are a problem. Metagenics actually manufactures their own formulas, over 400 of them. This is a monumental task. They have a quality control department with over 8 people making sure the products are free of toxins, meet label claim etc. Further, thousands of ingredients go into the formulas. They want to make sure all of their customers have the formulas that like to use and that the products are top quality.

Please contrast this with companies that do not manufacture and that do not have a quality control infrastructure (and that offer less product variety, and that literally lift other companies formulas!).

2. Organic - Metagenics uses organic raw material whenever possible. You should know that every plant derived ingredient is tested for actives and purity. This is far more due diligence than virtually any other nutrition company.

Please contrast this with companies that will say anything to get your business and make false statements about their products and other companies. I could spend all day on this one.

3. Research - Metagenics has over 20 people, most well degreed working on various research projects that add to the understanding of human health. They spend millions of dollars so doctors like you can offer patients better natural health solutions.

Please contrast this with companies who do zero research and merely attempt to knock off other company’s hard work at a lower price.

Doctor, please consider who you are doing business with. Ask hard questions. If you do you will find that Metagenics is the only company that is looking out for your best interests and putting money to work instead of words, smoke, and mirrors.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now thatis funny, wow did you make that up or did you read that off the companies web site.

What you forget to state is: we buy most of all our raw materials from CHINA

We make very few formulas, the rest are under contract

We sell over the internet and discount heavy

We charge you more for enteric coating.

We create our own research because it is easier to control and get results we want.

We put down every other company in existence because we are the best and will say and do anything to prove it, but it will cost you.

We throw out technical terms that no one understands and junk science to prove nothing but to get you to buy.

13. In the know

In the know Guest

Dear "Anonymous"

One point at a time:

1. Its company's, not "companies" (that is plural)

2. Its forgot, not "forget" (that is present tense)

Ok, let's just take it as a given that your command of the English language is abhorrent...

3. Many raw materials are made in China and every company uses Chinese raw materials (even Xymogen ; ) The difference is that Meta has a QA/QC department that actually checks the imported material (unlike Xymogen ; )

4. Metagenics makes nearly all its own formulas and does quality control on every ingredient and every finished product (tell your doctor friends they can tour the facility any time! (just like Xymogen ; )

5. Metagenics does not sell over the internet, though some of their customers may do so. Xymogen will face the same problem soon enough.

6. Enteric coating costs more and so wholesale is higher. This would always be the case unless one uses cheap oil that lowers the cost (and that one can't test if one doesn't have a QA/QC department ; )

7. About research, it makes sense that a study will support a thesis, for example that boswellia controls inflammation. The important thing is actually doing research that at least in some way moves the science forward (like the research that Xymogen has done ; )

8. Metagenics does not put down other companies. In fact reps are told not to disparage the competition, it is bad selling practice. It seems that most put downs are targeted at Metagenics by ungrateful turds who spend their time anonymously taking pot shots.

9. "We throw out technical terms that no one understands and junk science to prove nothing but to get you to buy." Well, nothing more than this statement is needed to prove that you are an utter moron.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Metagenics is present tense, as in old news, you have alot of time on your hands for a meta rep, so that tells me you are not a rep, maybe Timmy or someone high up on the greased pole.

So as we keep taking away your castle, you seem to "forget" we really do not care about you or metagenics anymore. It is funny to see you guys get your blood pressure up and react to these posts. The good doctor who posted you smeared and madE him/her feel like it does not matter what they think, the only thing that matters is metagenics. That is why you fail, Enron was a big company, Countrywide was the biggest, Global crossings, on and on, all make metagenics look like a speck of dirt in dollars, and you know what, they all failed, why GREED and LIES. Good luck, I hope you can get a job as an english teacher or a clerk at GNC. iHOPE i SPELLED EVERYTHING CORRECT AND USED THE PROPER PUNCTUATION IT REALLY MATTERS THAT YOU GRADE OUR SPELLING.

15. ITK

ITK Guest

Ahhh....WHAT?

I beg you to seek professional help...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

in the know, you are a loser beyond any I have ever seen you hide behind your "original name" ITK, come out of the closet you homo, post your name so we can all see this very important metagenics person. You have never answered a question on here, so I think your an idiot, you always critique but never have the balls to come clean on yourself, you are lonley, most likley a homosexual, insecure, and a failure. You hide behind a false name,(insecure), always on here(lonley), belittle everyone for spelling errors(failure) would you like me to go on, you live in the shadow of your failure and believe in your own self righteousness, you are perfect for metagenics.

17. ITK

ITK Guest

"Have ever seen..." When did you "see" me? And yes, I am a homo, a lesbian to be exact. Are you homophobic? Do you have something against lesbians? Based on your evident idiocy, you must face a great deal of rejection by the sisters. As to answering questions, look above mental midget.

In the future ask your wife to review your posts. She must be well experienced at at explaining your ranting.

By the way, what is your name hero?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, just call it like I see it, and yes, you are vial and repulsive. I am not anti anything just proved that I too, can read into someone's writting, No man would ever put up with you. You are feeble and weak minded you should not be in sales.

19. ITK

ITK Guest

Jesus, what a r*****...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By the way, what is your name hero?[/QUOTE]

My name is Earl and like to eat puss also, I guess that makes me a lesbian most be all the Soy I eat when I drink Ultrameal, And you think Jesus is a r*****? You can go to hell for that. besides being gay will send you straight to hell also, but who cares nameless bitch, I love eatin pussy.

Earl