Why is it that Syneos dm’s are such morons?

Discussion in 'Syneos Health' started by anonymous, Jul 17, 2021 at 7:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Serious question.
    I’ve met a few and they are all so inexperienced and clueless. Why?
    Is it that they’ve never been a manager before? They think they know it all (which is the funny thing), but for some reason-never made manager with a manufacturer. They all have the same story, came to Syneos as a rep-got in good with the right people, and suddenly they’re in management...
    Oh, and they’re all experts in psychology and human behavior, lol

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really? I don't know of any who weren't a DM before coming here. Maybe they are just checking boxes like the rest of us!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The managers are good.

The recruiters are the morons.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My manager is a tool who says he is besties with the higher ups.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are not all bad!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disagree, most if not all were in management prior to Syneos

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

look, when you hit about 35-45, you finally get to the point where you understand that this industry is a mess. managers are generally not happy people because they gave up their dreams to work for these terrible companies so they can keep up with a big mortgage and other trinkets.

this industry is no longer a good place to be with the only exception being that you have a manager that is a "friend", not a boss.

good luck finding that. if you get to that point, stay with that situation as long as you can.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Believe me it’s hard to cut the golden handcuffs of big pharma. I finally did it last year and that has made all the difference. No more anxiety and game playing of saying I’m seeing customers I cannt see. No more begging customers to come to a program that Drs don’t want to go to. No more monthly ride alongs with
    mgr who can not be of help with my business.
    No more trying to work a 1980s business model
    in 2021.
    Although I am being paid less in non pharma much more fulfilling. Just my opinion” took the road less traveled by and that has made all the difference”.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Were you a rep or DM? And what industry did you move to?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it’s a fucking contract sales company. If the DMs they get were any good they would be working for more money and better packages direct with a manufacturer. All managers here are either:

1. kids looking for the resume padding
    2. Geezers who lost their fastball years ago hanging on for a paycheck

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must work on the Agile contract.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think it is limited to the Agile contract.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These older manager types are clueless on how to sell in today’s environment. They came up in the good old statin war days when you sold by dropping off cases of Lipitor or Crestor and getting a signature. They couldn’t sell ice water in the desert. If they were any good as a manager, why are they working a contract? Just like the reps….whoops!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The managers are examples of people that don’t want to sell any more but are hanging on to the higher salaries. They’re the easiest managers to make calls with because they don’t say anything and provide the most basic feedback.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone that can work in a Robert Frost poem has to be telling the truth.