Why is our incentive so consistently bad?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Aug 31, 2019 at 6:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the posts all.

I quit Pfizer in 2001, after 2 years with the company out of college. Went with my instincts that this company was truly a foolish endeavor. I was right, but unfortunately, most of the other companies are just as bad.

In this industry, just roll with the punches and save all the money you can because that rainy day will come when you least expect it.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s the carrot, the uncatchable rabbit to chase. It’s meant to be an incentive to motivate, but after a year or two. you realize it remains pie in the sky. How many times has your quota been changed mid quarter? ...and all of the above.
    Been here 20 yrs. Never missed a quota, very good income, but never the golden egg when, clearly, I earned it.
    I do my job, Nothing less and nothing more. If I get the promised bonus, great; if I don’t I take a little unauthorized vacation to compensate calculated by taking the promised bonus, calculating it’s daily value, and taking those days off.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s just call it a bonus vs. incentive pay, it’s been dumbed down enough that it’s really not an incentive...but certainly better than a sharp stick in the eye!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Amy J still in charge of bonus?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's only enough to get me to suck up to my DBM. Definitely not enough to suck up at POAs. I know those home office dipshits live for those POAs and the brown nosing by us underlings is food for their souls. They want my food they need to pay me more. This isn't a real job it's only a snow job, or blowjob, of our masters. I stopped trying to build my territory years ago when my IC turned into a joke. Still top 25%. Riding the low wave until retirement or a better gig comes along, which is unlikely.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So right! My strategy was to do well to get paid well, but more so to be left alone. It’s worked for 27 yrs.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Especially now. Unless you want to be promoted, relocate, etc., just fly below the radar. Life- Work balance is more important to me than a title and a few more bucks for the tax man.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pfizer just likes to stay in that 50%tile about 45% to say they are technically in top half of the industry
    They will never be top pay because cutting costs is there #1 focus since Lipitor LOE so to make our number, sales doesnt do it & must cut costs to meet wall street estimates.
    Salary & comp are the largest fixed exp so Pfizer will always limit comp

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We claim to pay for performance but that's a myth. There's only about 7% variance between the top payouts and the bottom payouts. That's the way HR arranges it.

I fake everything every day. Sure, I know enough about a few customers to have a decent day whenever someone works with me, but 99% of the time, I just focus on the Pfizer activity essentials of the quarter. It's worked for me for over 20 years. I've never won anything, but I've never been on a plan, never even been talked about and I've made 95% of what the "stars" make with 100% less effort or scrutiny.

If Pfizer ever gets:
    -a plan that pays for performance and
    -my goals to me before the measurement period is 75% over

then I might hustle

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To save money. Benefits and payroll biggest expense for the company.
    Pfizer prides itself on being at 50%tile of the industry comp which include bonus.
    Technically they target 45-49% so they can sell that they are Top half of entire industry.
    But they will never be top 10 or even 25% because too big too many employees which would soar expenses on balance sheet when they are trying to cut cost due to declining sales 6yrs in a row--- so they can at least hit net profit numbers when sales drop each yr