Why is Patterson terminating 200 sales reps?

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by anonymous, Jun 14, 2016 at 8:27 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am wondering why Patterson is letting go of 200 reps? Are they losing territory? Why do they need to cut costs? Is Henry Schein just dominating the market recently? I did not see this coming. Patterson has exclusive control over Sirona products and I did not think they would be losing business anytime soon. Please let me know what you guys think.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is actually over 250 reps.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard it is performance based. I think it has to do with certain reps not selling CEREC. What is the average base pay for a rep? I am wondering how much Patterson will save with these layoffs

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% commission, pay own expenses. No base.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pssst.

Attention Retail Reps:

YOU"RE DOOMED. YOU ARE NOT NEEDED. THE MARKET HAS SPOKEN.

Your 'accounts' see you as a terrible waste of time that adds NO VALUE.

You have been replaced by the postman.

Deal with It, Idiots.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Patterson is the innovator, the leader... you watch. The others will follow Patterson and begin layoffs. Watch!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Brexit

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the big dogs are Sirona, now owned by Dentsply. Patterson isn't shit. Schein owns biohorizons, camlog, and a million other companies.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

250 people....that's absurd...The big player is Irona now, though. It's interesting over there. Their sales reps are all using different forms of software to help them with their sales stuff. I've heard of a few like Zoho and Map My Customers. Seems that companies like Map My Customers are starting to become more important since it saves you time in driving. Considering giving them a shot. If anyone seeing this has tried it or other solutions..let me know.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just use your brain like most successful salespeople.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're an idiot if you think that successful salespeople aren't leveraging technology to outperform their colleagues. Salespeople's unwillingness to adjust with the times and adapt technology (when it can help them) is exactly why it's a high turnover job

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Schein will be laying off big time as well and heads will roll once Q3 numbers are reported

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So why should your company pay for it? If you can use it to "outperform your colleagues", you shouldn't even ask it. You should have already bought it and implemented it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please kill yourself so we don't have to be subjected to your negativity.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Please kill yourself so we don't have to be subjected to your negativity."

You should demand a promotion, salary and benefit increase, plus your very own safe space for protection of your fragile ego and sensitive 'feelings.'

You're a Genius. The dental world is blessed to have someone of your high caliber and esteem.

Too Bad you are a cheapskate douchebag c*nt. You should have gone to dental school.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can always tell when a man has a small pepe, he lashes out like above.

Karmanow likes this.