Why is Shire stock closer to its 52 week low than to its 52 week high?

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Jan 22, 2018 at 7:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shire stock closed at only $147 today. What the heck is going on over there?

Baxter hit a 52 week high again today at $70!
    AbbVie hit a 52 week high again today at $106!
    Amgen hit a 52 week high again today at $192

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

C'mon really? Read these boards for the answer. This company blows and has the worst leadership in pharma. Bad decision after bad decision and they still fuck with people regularly.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Stock is headed upward. Flem is demonstrating superior intelligence and leadership. Shareholders and employees love him.
    Glass door lies are the same small handful of disgruntled reps who were let go. Its heartbreaking watching them whither away whilst home and out of work all pissed off.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because Shire's Dear Leader, Kim Suc Flem, runs the company just like North Korea is being run.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree glad I hadn’t a network to get hired after because nobody in the work world respects the experience at Shire as a “sales person”

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Investors aren't buying because they don't trust or don't believe our CEO (or both). There are so many better options for their investment dollars.

Investors are saying:
    "SHP’s debt is not appropriately covered by operating cash. This ratio can also be interpreted as a measure of efficiency as an alternative to return on assets."

"Looking at SHP’s most recent $7,743.3M liabilities, the company has not been able to meet these commitments with a current assets level of $7,539.5M, leading to a 0.97x current account ratio. which is under the appropriate industry ratio of 3x."

"SHP’s debt and cash flow levels indicate room for improvement. Its cash flow coverage of less than a quarter of debt means that operating efficiency could be an issue. In addition to this, its lack of liquidity raises questions over current asset management practices for the large-cap."

In other words...this company is crap and management doesn't know what they are doing. Not going to buy.

https://simplywall.st/stocks/gb/pharmaceuticals-biotech/lse-shp/shire-shares/news/is-shire-plcs-lonshp-balance-sheet-strong-enough-to-weather-a-storm/

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn’t imagine someone looking at Shire as an investment opportunity

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoever y’all are and keep praising senior leadership need a towel to rub your nose off because there’s too much brown stuff on it. The truth is in the numbers and if you knew anything about stocks or looked at your company 401k, you’d see everything in green EXCEPT the shire stock on the bottom of the page. In the last 6 months alone, the stock is DOWN over $20 but yet the pharma ETF’s are blowing the doors off. This stock at one point was over $245!!!! Then the wheels came off. Our shitty performance and “Flem demonstrating superior intelligence” equates to lower guidance and NOT hitting their goal of $20B by 2020.

Pull your head out of the sand and get a clue what y’all are defending while he makes MILLIONS and you're in your office cubicle praising people who would throw y’all under a bus faster than a bolt of lightning.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh wow! Just wow! Thanks for posting! How much longer can Flemming last as CEO?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep! He already did this too! Over 2017, the guy shut down an entire office of Chicago employees via layoffs and insincere offers of relocation!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are blessed to have the worst CEO in industry... only 1 companies employees can say that and it is us... we need to let him know what we think of him at the NSM

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And the worst sales force in Pharma. The Fierce Pharma article written was saying our sales force is dead last in talent.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We suck in sales and I can't figure it out.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can't blame Flem on poor sales calls. Yes we are quite horrible and I think contracted reps are better closures. No wonder they are hired in droves. It looks like thier numbers are way up there.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, this is the truth! Shire sales forces must enhance performance!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll admit it too, we are horrible in sales. Marketing give us the tools and we couldn't close.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet anyone $100 he doesn't have the balls to put the upside down pyramid on the big screen anymore... can't believe there were idiots in this company buying that crap. If that was the case Flem I will take your year-end bonus and you can take my $15 per script during a launch. How dare you lower our 100% payout down to $6,000 on Vyvanse. Kevin cow is a joke. Anything we made on Mydayis should have been on top of our $8,600 for 100% goal attainment for Vyvanse. Perry laughed at the only question on the conference call that wasnt planted. What are you going to be doing with the profits from Vyvanse? What was so funny about that question Perry? U all are crooks stealing from us to pay for your bad Investments and to line your own pockets. Vyvanse will do almost 3 billion dollars this year. Would it have been that difficult to keep 100% pay out at $8,600? We are on to you. Stuff like this is why you don't get anyone to stand for you at our meetings... FO, PS, and KC need to grow a pair of balls and pay their reps money THEY earn. How many scripts have you helped generate since taking over Kevin? The answer is zero. Be grateful you got handed that job because everyone knows you are in way over your ugly head

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true,and I don't understand it. How can our sales force be ranked last ? I better pick up the pace or else my manager said I'll be on a plan.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former Baxter employees are raking it in since they likely purchased stock at ~$30/share or less!
    Shire employees are losing major money working here.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anyone who thinks our stock price has anything to do with sales reps is a total idiot. stop trying to stir the pot. true, we are a battered sales organization because of management, but our performance is outstanding given how hard the organization works against us. management votes with their feet. cut our pay. management doesn't even show up at P-Club. the message is loud and clear. the heavy pyramid has landed on our backs.