Why is turnover extremely high?

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear through my discussions the Ista sales force will have turned over 40% of the reps by year end. This rate of turnover is similar to what lower sales jobs like telemarketing not higher end like Pharma sales. It is especially concerning considering the job market is so poor and it was not easy for these reps just to jump ship easily as in years past. This means the reps leaving were super motivated to leave since it was far more difficult to do so compared to the market a few years ago.

What is going on at Ista?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is this jacka@#? What motivates this person to start s*#t like this?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cafepharma's server is not large enough to give all of the reasons for the high turn over at Ista. That said, I'll list a few;

1. Horrible, terrible, disgusting management
    A) Salesforce is treated like numbers, not humans. The higher mgmt gets up on stage
    at every meeting and says "if your not happy here we'll help you leave and replace
    you with someone better for less".
    B) No one at the DM level or higher ever takes accountability for their actions. It's
    ALWAYS the salesforces fault. The mgmt team is like congress, always pointing
    fingers.
    C) SL is a dictator and it trickles downhill from there. There is no line of communication
    between salesforce and mgmt. If you give feedback or challenge them, you will be
    punished.
    2. Lie, cheat, and steal
    A) We're expected to tell physicians that "the doctors requested the twin pack" instead
    of the truth which is we desperately need to make more money so this is how we are
    going to double the price of our product.
    B) They tell us to detail the price of our products based on average copay after coupon,
    but detail that generics are $120. Who cares, the generic copay is only $15, our
    doctors are not that stupid.
    C) We are told to sell, sell, sell that the competition is loosing formulary coverage on
    certain plans, but then mgmt never tells us what plans we're being dropped on so we
    all get to look like nobs in the office.
    3. No resources
    A) Ista is a reactive not proactive company. Everything is always panic mode and cut,
    cut, cut. But continue to sell more.
    B) No samples to drive business, but they are riding our ass to drive business. I know
    reps that have gone 2+ months with no samples.
    C) Very little lunch/program budget to drive business.
    D) Horrible MC coverage on all products. $90 is not an acceptable copay.

This brief summary just scratches the sruface. You can visit my complete 12 page write up on this subject at www.istafuckingsucks.com

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe if you put as much effort in building this stupid list into your work you might be still employed at Ista.

It's simply, this job requires a unique skill called hard work an working a full day not 10-2pm
    Rising above the bs and doin your job and making money

If you can't do that then leave ans stop bitching

Seek excellence elsewhere and leave the rest of us alone to work

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the above post did not answer the original question about the really high turnover. He/she did try to avoid by attacking someone answering the question though.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you work hard and enjoy sales you will like this job. This is not a big pharma job, its specialty and it comes with long hours and hard work.

People who think they can do the minimum dont last, those that work hard and put in an honest day of work and choose to build a company will last.

they turn over happens anytime a company is growing and people dont adapt to new tactics and strategies and still want to do things the old way.

The people that are still here want to work and be part of something

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW!
    Thanks for ...um....
    Thanks for letting all of us know that there are still mindless, brainless, thoughtless robots left at Ista. You simplified the question by your simple minded answer. Thanks for the canned answer.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow thanks for being a winer and wuss

wa! my belly hurts and Ill go online to complain since I dont have the balls to do it in person

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why did you guys leave the woa convention in Appleton, WI so early? Jolene was not sure your managers won't be either.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Busted LOL! Conventions are stupid at the end anyway.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW!!! CRASH, BOOM, BANG....that's you falling off you self given pedestal. Get over yourself it is no different from any other pharma job. You all seem to be arrogant assholes, breed from the top down. Everyone needs to work to be successful, some who work fewer hours work smarter not longer...take a look at you strategy. Maybe you're just dumb.

To answer the question about turnover its Regionals/National sales directors turning a blind eye to most DM's, esp. the ones that have been here a long time, somehow longevity (being able to put up with so much bullshit) gains you some sort of "credit" and they know they can push you pussy's around and they are "yes" men and women and in turn the DM's bully the reps and they leave because of the bullshit. Because Reg/Nat lead by poor example and they think it's the right thing to do there are no consequences for bad behavior. There are managers with 50% and higher turnover in a year or less, that is ridiculous! Just think the huge turnover is millions of dollars in training. There was an article stating training for a rep, at home, home office (meals lodging, breaks etc!) then getting to know territory without doing much with business can cost at least $150,000,

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry. This company will be in much bigger trouble when the whole numbers reports scandal is exposed. Believe me, I have a case right now where I can prove the numbers they report are inaccurate and they may actually be on the hook for thousands of dollars in payout compared to what they have paid out.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical response from management. It can't be anything wrong with the company it has to be the sales force's fault. There is no inward reflection.

I will respond to the above comment. The turnover is even more concerning since Ista is a "specialty" company. Typically a specialty sales force has lower turnover because it is a more experienced sales force. Specialty company does not mean 50% turnover in a year is to be expected and it should be the opposite. I think it is a sign of how the sales force is run and not the type of people in the sales force.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i meant inflection.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why you ask? Because it is full of dipshit
    "managers" that could not sell as reps and
    certainly can not manage. It is the most unethical
    place you could EVER work. SL, WC and many
    others act like Roman gods and Vince
    puts up with it. Vince either supports the horrible
    behavior, my guess, or does not care it is going on.
    Either way, shame on you Vince. Ista, your day of
    reckoning is coming. Constent lying, cheating
    and stealing is catching up to you. What a joke of
    a "company".

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When I first started working at Ista I used to think very highly of this place. Now, I have seen what goes on behind the scenes and it's just not right what's happening. I believe the hardest job at this company is business analytics. Just think all the data at the beginning of the year that was "estimated" because CVS didn't report to IMS. Did anyone know that this even happened? No because behind the walls of the Ista compound our numbers are skewed in any direction they want to hit budgetary agendas.

Don't think I'm right? Think this is just another Cafe Pharma troll making stuff up? Ask your DM about it or better yet send LB an email asking her why our monthly numbers were estimated at the beginning of this year. My bet is they will either come clean and say they did it and "what are you going to to about it (as a rep) now?" or you won't hear "boo" from anyone. I predict the later although some have been told straight to their faces that this has happened.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's all go buy a lot of cheese for all this wine

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like 2 more left over the last week. WOW.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quit or more like pushed out for poor numbers

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once again someone blaming the reps for the high turnover and not looking inward. There is just no way a company approaching 50% turnover for a year doesn't have leadership issues. No real turnover above the rep level ever. Hmmm.