Why is turnover extremely high?

Discussion in 'Ista Pharma' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does other people leaving cause you to want to leave? How has that affected you? If you are doing your job and making a good salary there would be no reason for your DM to be on your back. If you do go, good luck on finding anything any better. I'm afraid you'll find the grass is not greener.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no, the grass is not greener person is back. 50% of the sales force over the last year thinks otherwise.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't see any people coming back do you?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's bcause ISTA doesn't want them.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The grass is greener... but the money is! This company is a joke on compensation.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many reps has Ista lost in the first two weeks of the year? Is retention at all a priority? Does management care? It is a sign of a systemic issue at the top. I remember Tom saying to us at a breakfast meeting they have no problem with turnover. Most companies value their employees and do not want them to leave. I was shocked by the cavalier nature of it all.

I left over a year ago and I am very happy with my change in career. If you are not happy just start looking because it will take you a while. I would recommend a B2B position because pharma is dying.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company does not value any employee. They absolutely have no regard for turnover-- no matter if your good or bad. They act as if there are not great jobs out in the market. Well, according to some top performers that have jumped--There are MANY. Who is not interviewing?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there more than 1 SD rep? I got a call from a recruiter late last year about a job with ISTA in "the San Diego" territory. Turns out it was also all the way out to Palm Springs which for a big city like SD that is way too big of a territory.

I noticed the job was reposted recently, glad I passed on this one...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard yesterday CA in San Diego quit. I know he had won multiple President's Clubs. WTF is going on there when you are losing your top people like this?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To quit just before getting his next trip to Hawaii is sort of strange. I would have at least stayed long enough to collect on that. Must have been a hell of a deal. I know of several reps who took another job but didn't tell ISTA and collected paychecks from both companies for several months.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happened to that red-neck white trash girl in the Carolinas district? Saw that the Winston Salme territory is open, I think that was hers? Did she finally get caught messing with the wrong married manager/doctor/executive? Or did the coke finally catch up to her?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our DM is a jackoff that's why she's gone. The management at this company is so freakin clueless that it makes my head spin. I'm so frustrated that I may have to kick someone's butt tomorrow just to relieve my frustrations.

Sincerely,

Bad to the Bone James L.
    Carolinas

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whomever posted this needs to take it back...words hurt. AB is a true asset to the company. She rises head and shoulders above everyone in her district, region, and the entire company. If she were to ever leave our esteemed company, our stock price would plummet. Words can't describe how great she is.

If you don't believe it...just ask her. She'll tell you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I noticed a couple new openings on the web site. Looks like the turnover rate has not slowed this year.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like people are coming back to work here with us at Ista!!! Grass is not greener after all... KH is back in the ATL. NK must not be as terrible as everyone has consistently complained about over the past two years.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are funny. As I wait here in the airport awaiting my flight to this dreaded NSM you gave me a good laugh. Thank you very much. I guess the 60 or so people leaving over the last year would not agree and are laughing at this too.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The turnover is so high because management SUCKS and isnt trained properly to learn to deal with reps. That includes being and staying motivated, changing the HORRIBLE bonus structure which only benefits those that inherited a cream de-la cream territory and focusing on call QUALITY not quanity. That EXACTLY why the turnover is so friggin high in this company--Oh another thing, our chief honcho :Vincy-poo" WILL sell this company to the hightest bidder--it's just a matter of time--he does neeed to drive a newer expensive vehicle every year cause those Maseratis need to be replaced at 12 month intervals you know.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I must say, that I'm truly embarrassed by management at this company. Our manager has lost 5 reps in a year and has 6 more very UNHAPPY reps! Maybe it's their poor leadership- micromanaging- passive-aggressive management style. Says to all, if we are not happy here to walk out the door. Really? That's your answer to 11 people in a row now... McFly...look in the mirror cause perhaps that's the one that should be a walkin' out the old door

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tommy/vinney/stevey and the board have never said they have made a mistake. never. What do we expect from these guys. They have lost their way and have not cared for sometime. Just doing enough to sell this stinker. And that will be a tough sell, a very tough sell after the first quarter earnings.