Why isn't anyone listening...

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:44 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This am I had two physicians and a Adminstrator tell me that they may join the rest of doctors that are boycotting sales rep from the office. Per the doctors: There is too many of you and why do I need to hear about Travatan Z, Azopt and Tobradex from different sales rep. Doesn't make sense and in fact - we ALL find it disruptive and annoying. It is really disgusting to see the waste of money. Doesn't your company recognize that more and more offices are closing the door on reps because of this. I am seeing more patients than I ever have. My cost to run this practice is 3x that of 5 years ago, and you think that I need my stff and or management take even 2 mins with reps. Not fair and the industry better recognize this cause my peers are complaining about the same thing. In addition to being too many of you, why the frequent visit. Come once a month and maybe I'll take a minute. But imagine having 3 different reps, same products coming at least 2 x per month. Really?!? Who in your company thought this would be effective for you bottom line. Let us appreciate the industry again, tell them to have one rep carry products then we can have a solid relationship and trust ONE person.

Great start to my morning when we have been saying this FOREVER and yet Alcon leaders adds 96 more reps. Thanks for caring about what are offices are feeling. This is where industry needs to stop dismissing what your sales people are saying. We would probably have more MS but because there is no loyalty to a rep cause how can there be, a doctor isn't doing a favor for one he or she is doing it for 3, it's really common sense when you think about it. Sales is all about relationships! Infill you guys get that keep trying to concentrate on science that they r nit seeing clinically & don't believe that 75% growth or more is from formulary & 25% relationship! Most of my doctors that I have a good relationship with tell me that if all else is equally relationship with WIN all.

Please listen to what everyone is saying....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The managers are all aware of this...I was with my DM last week and two different offices looked at him and said that very same thing. He never even spoke about it. How don't you want to discuss that with your rep or team?? Don't you want to be respected? Guess not cause they aren't respected from their leaders.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A DM won't discuss this because if the truth ever got out, they would be out of a job and so would many sales reps.

These products are good and sell themselves. This Doc is right. Once a month from one rep makes sense, especially with something new.

I think this is the Novartis mentality though, i.e. pod selling, overwhelming Doctors with half a dozen visits per month, beat the Doc down type of mentality.

I don't get it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

(To the original poster)
    I have a clue why every one is ignoring you. It took 500 words to explain something that should take less than 20 words. It should have sounded like this "You Alcon reps annoy me because you always come in the morning when I am catching up on the local weather". By the time you get to the meat and potatoes of your point, people fall asleep.... Just my thoughts on this matter!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know where this person is coming from when you get yourself prepared for the call & the office is venting about the industry. It's not like we are not needed but Alcon had two divisions calling on some offices together and they just see Alcon. Allergan may have same share of voice but the call on OD's as well. So, I think this is why offices view us as having more reps. I think we ate all needed out there but I just think we all need to cognizant of where the first post is coming from. We need to make offices & the public see us as a asset not the cause of the challenges facing the medical industry.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being an asset went out the window a few years back. Alcon, before Novartis, killed that. Multiple reps with the same product, too many calls on same office per month, ignore the Dr. and their real thoughts and keep shoving science and embarrassing visuals and then remember to drink your kool-aide. Be sure not to question any of the bs or you'll be labeled as difficult then probably put on a pip. Here is a clue, everybody knows what is the right way and best way to do things. They just keep ignoring it and not talk about it until they brainwash themselves. Being an ass kisser goes all the way up the ladder. Thats how noone knows each others true thoughts and not convey real feedback to the next higher on the ladder. A dumb idea up top snowballs into "the way of doing things".

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love Alcon and its people. It reminds me of what I see on the tv show called "summer camp for fat kids". No matter what Alcon tells you (or the camp directors in this example), you are still being picked on by your peers! Cause you are the fat kid! Robots, Rednecks, r*****s... oh my!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can make yourself an asset all you want, but others in the industry won't. Just because you are Alcon (Novartis) does not make you special. Allergan is a pretty damn big company too. So are all the other companies calling on Doctors with the same mentality as every other drug rep..drop samples, engage in a 30 second conversation or wait in the waiting room to get a signature then go home.

You might be an asset with the launch of a new drug but are you really telling me you can be asset after talking about a drug that has been out say 18 months....Other than clinical studies which tout small variations in efficacy, you can't be an asset. Who cares though, ride the pharma train, it isn't a bad job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i work in a medical office and i can assure you that the biggest asset you bring is lunch and samples. i'm sorry to say that but it's true. we get our science from peer reviewed studies, conventions, trade mags, etc. but like the last poster stated, "ride the pharma train". i wish i made as much as you guys

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It isn't as much as you think...

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Meh, get over it already.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

these worthless deadbeat reps are making 120 or 150. Sad testimony considering they bring no value to the doctor or staff. They are airheads and stupid as shit.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Try 300 to 500k with bonus. It's ridiculous.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest