Why not ibuprofen or naproxen?

Discussion in 'Iroko' started by anonymous, Aug 17, 2015 at 10:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't seem to understand why Iroko went to all this trouble to reformulate two fairly niche drugs here in the US. Wouldn't it have been wiser to reformulate ibuprofen or naproxen?

My first thought is that ibuprofen is not very effective at low doses. But naproxen seems like it would have been a much better candidate?

Any insight? It seems this job is ten layers deep, always having to sell another aspect, old drug, mystical technology, PAs, step edits, third party pharmacies, Rejected by lack of MC coverage, do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly to jail.....

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ibuprofen and naproxen are COX 1 preferential NSAIDs. Ibuprofen 400mg inhibits close to 90% of COX 1 and Naproxen 95% of COX 1. very high risk of GI bleeding with these drugs.

Adding a PPI or H2 blocker does not reduce its risk of bleeding. The risk of GI bleeding happens because of the effect on platelet COX 1 inhibition where as PPI and GIs only protect the gastric COX 1. They can prevent lesions in the GI but not prevent the GI bleeds due to platelet inhibition.

Diclofenac, and especially the low dose formulation, is pharmacologically far superior to these products

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even more important...

Where's the data that proves that claim?

Oh wait....

Another off label selling dipshit

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ibuprofen and Naproxen - so dangerous you can buy them over the counter. Diclofenec by prescription only.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice articles, are they PDMA approved to use in the field? I didn't think so. Why don't you provide some prove we can use in the field without selling off label. Oh, I'm sorry we don't have anything but "the rational" Very nice.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That Dog simply won't ever hunt!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is still a simple situation. All drugs are a matter of risk versus benefit. Even if you/Iroko are able to prove and promote a CV safety benefit, you still cannot prove any reduction of risk versus generic diclofenac is worth a potential reduction in efficacy. Fact is doctors have no clue whether a 20% reduction in diclofenac creates a risk profile. Likely not, because your sub-micron particles have a better PK profile therefore even though a the dose is reduced do you know or has Iroko studied whether more drug is actually being delivered through its technologically advanced PK profile. Add that to the question of whether Iroko's product is as effective as generic, which we have no data to support. Sorry, this puppy won't hunt.